tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize they made a solo mode for a two player game...seems... like wasted r&d.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
I didn't realize they made a solo mode for a two player game...seems... like wasted r&d.

Actually, the two player game (Duelosaur) is amazing and I really wanted to play it solo, so I created an AI for it. Didnt really take away Ian's time too much. He already had Duel pretty much dialed in so he just had to tweak the solo mode. I pretty much had a solid AI foundation. So no time was wasted. Plus, from the Duelosaur solo mode, the new Dinosaur solo mode was spawned. So it was actually very good research time.

Just a little fyi for ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste Ze
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did a great job Tony, works very smoothly.
The only downside is I'd like to have TONS of different AIs for long games! Spoiled, yes I know.

Would it make sense to try the short AIs in long games? I assume they are not designed for that.

Alternatively, any chance for new AI cards coming up as downloads in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze74 wrote:
You did a great job Tony, works very smoothly.
The only downside is I'd like to have TONS of different AIs for long games! Spoiled, yes I know.

Would it make sense to try the short AIs in long games? I assume they are not designed for that.

Alternatively, any chance for new AI cards coming up as downloads in the future?

Thank you so much! I absolutely love hearing from gamers who are enjoying the solo mode. The neat thing about the AI is they can be tweaked.

So you could try a short with a long game and see how it goes. You may have to modify the AI slightly.

I would love to do more AI at some point but I would also love to see some custom AI from some gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only tried the new solo AI from Totally Liquid. The B4S1C scenario is way too easy; I beat it twice by at least 50 points, even with all difficult solo cards (Medium Game Objectives). So I moved on to the next scenario in the campaign, PL4NN3R. I drew the Threat Die Plot Twist, which made things extra challenging. I chose a Blueprint card with all Herbivores to keep my security lower, but the AI also wanted 2 Herbivores, so I couldn't get a dino that I wanted until round 3. I made a good comeback, but lost by about 19 points. I also played this scenario with all difficult solo cards.

So, the solo AI in Totally Liquid seems to have some teeth. You can make it even harder by using Long Game Objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.