Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of putting up another rift event Wednesday, but since I got this up a day late, we'll shoot for Thursday for the next event.

Poll
What will you do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Turn against the lights, shouting into the wind that this was all their idea.
43.5% 114
Depend on the lights to calm the storm.
56.5% 148
Voters 262
This poll is now closed.   262 answers
Poll created by Cephalofair
Closes: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Monkey
msg tools

Seriously.... these lights have no idea. I'm definitely calling time on playing lap-dog to their whims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't trust the lights, but I also find shouting into the wind to be at best futile and at worst childish, so we're going to just hope the lights save our butts here, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaMothe
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Screw these lights. Under the bus they shall a-go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I don't trust the lights, but I also find shouting into the wind to be at best futile and at worst childish, so we're going to just hope the lights save our butts here, I guess.

but that wind is alive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Monkey
msg tools
Dexter345 wrote:

Seems like that's the direction people are heading. I mean... why not hope the lights can save our butts? They seem to be on top of things....

Rift Event wrote:
"Our judgment has failed us!" The lights flicker in a panic, too stunned to move..... "How could we have been so wrong?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These lights are clearly incompetent and we've had plenty of chances to ditch them. At this point we're just enabling their poor choices and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
where is the poll option of: The beast eaten us alive because we couldn't deal half the damage nessessary.

heavy spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Diviner, 3Swords, and 3 Spears are not the best damagedealers

btw how to proceed if you are not able to beat a scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
btw how to proceed if you are not able to beat a scenario?

I'd just keep going with the campaign, but don't take any of the scenario rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I'm guessing The Storm is upset because we took the treasure. Eventually, The Lights figure this out and turn against us. One way or another we'll have to fight The Lights.

Even though I've voted against The Lights so far, this time, I'm siding with them in the hope that my prediction above is wrong, we can be friends, and they'll do something useful for once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnakeSpawn wrote:
... I'm siding with them in the hope that my prediction above is wrong, we can be friends, and they'll do something useful for once.

The definition of INSANITY ... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ...

I want to feed the lights to the storm and the revived beast (lightning striking it sure seems like the myth of defibrillation to me) ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, if you're reading this, I know you're a busy man but can I humbly request that you split the campaign into two groups - the insane light lovers and us sensible light haters.

Making two scenarios, two sets of polls, responding to two sets of questions...can't be that much harder than one right? I mean I'd guess it's only about 7% extra work, right?

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
5hrike wrote:
Isaac, if you're reading this, I know you're a busy man but can I humbly request that you split the campaign into two groups - the insane light lovers and us sensible light haters.

Yeah! Enough with those lights!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
any2cards wrote:
The definition of INSANITY

Perhaps, but it's more like if/when they turn on us, then I won't feel as bad killing them off because we tried as hard as possible to help them. It's pretty hard to commit genocide with a clear conscious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
SnakeSpawn wrote:
It's pretty hard to commit genocide with a clear conscious.

Wait, what? And what about all those black lights we killed? Was that genocide, too? Or exterminating black lights is fine?

How many Vermlings did you kill in the main campaign, anyway?

Did they commit a Orc genocide in Lord of the Rings?

Can you even commit genocide if you are not killing humans?

This type of game is all about killing stuff, why do you even play this at all?

That sentence is so dumb, on so many levels, that I don't even know where to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Mullet
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhl7 wrote:
SnakeSpawn wrote:

Wait, what? And what about all those black lights we killed? Was that genocide, too? Or exterminating black lights is fine?

That sentence is so dumb, on so many levels, that I don't even know where to start.

I think it was tongue-in-cheek.

It certainly doesn't warrant this kind of vitriol anyway.

NB. He meant 'conscience' rather than 'conscious', I presume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5hrike wrote:

Making two scenarios, two sets of polls, responding to two sets of questions...can't be that much harder than one right? I mean I'd guess it's only about 7% extra work, right?

whistle

I'm with you and here is some bad math to back you up.

2 groups, 2 scenarios, 2 polls, 2 questions
= 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2
= 1/16
= 6.25% so your 7% is right on

Light haters (and poor math practitioners) unite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mhl7 wrote:
SnakeSpawn wrote:

Calm down. My character would find it easier to justify killing The Lights if they attack first. That's how it worked with the black lights and the vermlings in your examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
SnakeSpawn wrote:
My character would find it easier to justify killing The Lights if they attack first. That's how it worked with the black lights and the vermlings in your examples.

I totally agree on that. I was commenting on the genocide part, which is still nonsense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhl7 wrote:

Yes. Being overly serious, many actual genocides have been justified with "Jews/Christians/Muslims/Catholics/Protestants/Jedis/(etc) Blacks/Whites/Reds/Blues/(etc) Poles/Armenians/Englishmen/Germans/(etc) (etc) aren't actually human".

#VermlingsAreHumanToo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps time to end this tangent before an important Rift Event thread gets sent to RSP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nonua Business
msg tools
5hrike wrote:

whistle

Jesus yes! Please lord Isaac. Save us from this insanity!

/the deepest of bows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.