Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Marvel Strike Teams» Forums » General

Subject: Strike Teams vs. Heroscape Marvel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leeroy Porkins
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does this game replace Heroscape Marvel? I was wondering if I should sell my copy of HS Marvel and get Strike Teams as my Super Hero game. A long time ago I tried traditional Heroclix, but found it too difficult and confusing with all the Rules/Icons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leeroy_Porkins wrote:
Does this game replace Heroscape Marvel? I was wondering if I should sell my copy of HS Marvel and get Strike Teams as my Super Hero game. A long time ago I tried traditional Heroclix, but found it too difficult and confusing with all the Rules/Icons.


3rd option, buy tons of heroscape terrain and heroclix figures and print out marvel cards over at heroscapers.

As a serious answer, I think the games seem very different. One is a light tactical miniatures game, one is meant more as a dungeon crawl for marvel heroes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Strike Team certainly isn't hard to understand. It plays pretty clean.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leeroy Porkins
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Strike Team certainly isn't hard to understand. It plays pretty clean.


That's what got me interested too. How is the balance? I have griped quite a bit about the balance of the Lair of the Wrym expansion for Descent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leeroy_Porkins wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Strike Team certainly isn't hard to understand. It plays pretty clean.


That's what got me interested too. How is the balance? I have griped quite a bit about the balance of the Lair of the Wrym expansion for Descent.


Since it's euro mechanics instead of dice chucking, I would assume the balance is pretty good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leeroy Porkins
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Leeroy_Porkins wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Strike Team certainly isn't hard to understand. It plays pretty clean.


That's what got me interested too. How is the balance? I have griped quite a bit about the balance of the Lair of the Wrym expansion for Descent.


Since it's euro mechanics instead of dice chucking, I would assume the balance is pretty good.


Don't get me wrong I LOVE dice. I am more frustrated with the design of Lair of the Wyrm makes it nearly impossible to win as the Overlord.shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.