Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I were talking of taking a small trip somewhere in February. We're considering ABQ/Santa Fe since it's a relatively quick flight from LA, and we've never been to New Mexico before.

Since they're only about an hour apart, I figure visiting both is no problem.

Any good tips? Is visiting there in February a good/bad idea?

EDIT: Holy crap, just saw the winter temperature averages there. Maybe a wee too chilly for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
erak wrote:
My wife and I were talking of taking a small trip somewhere in February. We're considering ABQ/Santa Fe since it's a relatively quick flight from LA, and we've never been to New Mexico before.

EDIT: Holy crap, just saw the winter temperature averages there. Maybe a wee too chilly for us.

ABQ is in the mountains, and gets damn cold. And gets snow too...from time to time.(Santa Fe, even more so)...But it's beautiful, and you should go.

I am from ABQ, if you go, I can give you lots of recommendations from food, and what to do, where to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
erak wrote:

ABQ is in the mountains, and gets damn cold. And gets snow too...from time to time.(Santa Fe, even more so)...But it's beautiful, and you should go.

I am from ABQ, if you go, I can give you lots of recommendations from food, and what to do, where to go.

We'll save it for when it's warmer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meow Wolf is a must!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are a fan of either Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul or vintage neon/Route 66, then I would suggest ABQ. But get there quick as it seems they are destroying a lot of vintage neon signs (Pioneer Motel was the most recent one to meet it's maker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go in September for the Hot Air Balloon Festival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
If you are a fan of either Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul or vintage neon/Route 66, then I would suggest ABQ. But get there quick as it seems they are destroying a lot of vintage neon signs (Pioneer Motel was the most recent one to meet it's maker.

Interesting fact about that. There were a lot of vintage motor hotels on Central Ave. Unfortunately they were regularly used for prostitution and drug deals so the city confiscated them and tore a lot of them down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a meal at The Frontier

http://www.frontierrestaurant.com/

The owners are originally from Austin, and long time friends of my parents and family. The Manske Rolls are the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
The Manske Rolls are the best.

THE BEST!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Go in September for the Hot Air Balloon Festival.

The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is usually the first full week of October. (for a loooong time now). (My mother-in-law was a pilot and had her own balloon, I've both gone up in the fiesta mass balloon ascensions and driven the chase truck there -- and many other places.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget your passport. International Travel can get quite hairy these days for Americans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.