Skippy McFrazzlebritches
msg tools
I’ve had a few open questions that need clarification as I worked through my first full games.

If I have two maneuvers does this mean I could have 4 total cards in each round?

I see that I set my kinetic energy when I reveal cards. Is this just the total of all the little blue numbers for the one or two cards in this movement?

Do the overboost cards ignore the speed setting? I think they do.

I’ve only ever played X-Wing. There is a lot to like about the BSGSB system. I think this is all of my current questions. I’ll add more as I come across them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IsawaUFOonce wrote:
I’ve had a few open questions that need clarification as I worked through my first full games.

If I have two maneuvers does this mean I could have 4 total cards in each round?

You could have 2 cards per model. So if you have the two fighters on a side in the starter, you could have 4 cards on the table.

IsawaUFOonce wrote:
I see that I set my kinetic energy when I reveal cards. Is this just the total of all the little blue numbers for the one or two cards in this movement?

Kinetic energy is the speed setting (-1 to 3), plus 3 if you played an overboost card.

The little blue numbers are the G-rating of the maneuver. You can't apply more than 4 G's to a fighter, per turn.

IsawaUFOonce wrote:
Do the overboost cards ignore the speed setting? I think they do.

Yes, they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skippy McFrazzlebritches
msg tools
So the overboost lets you play two cards in one move in the quick play version, but it is just 1 of 2 cards per ship per round in the full version? And you just have to play it first?

Do I have that correct now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IsawaUFOonce wrote:
So the overboost lets you play two cards in one move in the quick play version, but it is just 1 of 2 cards per ship per round in the full version? And you just have to play it first?

As far as I can tell, if you play two cards, one of them has to be an Overboost card (or Change Direction, or Bluff). If you do, then it is the first card "played": you do the Overboost movement in the first movement step, then the second movement (at the speed shown on your slider) in the second movement step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
IsawaUFOonce wrote:

As far as I can tell, if you play two cards, one of them has to be an Overboost card (or Change Direction, or Bluff). If you do, then it is the first card "played": you do the Overboost movement in the first movement step, then the second movement (at the speed shown on your slider) in the second movement step.

Hmm… I'm not so sure about that. The Overboost cards don't have the white "bracket" that you use to align your ship correctly. Also, if this was true, while it would set your kinetic energy higher, it wouldn't actually move you much further (and thus "faster") than just playing two straight cards would…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Hmm… I'm not so sure about that. The Overboost cards don't have the white "bracket" that you use to align your ship correctly. Also, if this was true, while it would set your kinetic energy higher, it wouldn't actually move you much further (and thus "faster") than just playing two straight cards would…

I might have misunderstood something, but the drawing on page 16 of the rulebook lays out a very similar example.

(While the missing bracket might seem like a problem, in practice it works fine. The back of the miniature base is flat, and so easy to align with the card edge. And there is a little knob on the base, to align with the yellow mark on the card.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
I might have misunderstood something, but the drawing on page 16 of the rulebook lays out a very similar example.

(While the missing bracket might seem like a problem, in practice it works fine. The back of the miniature base is flat, and so easy to align with the card edge. And there is a little knob on the base, to align with the yellow mark on the card.)

Bwian is 100% accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skippy McFrazzlebritches
msg tools
So if having two cards is optional does this mean moving in each movement phase is optional? Can I just put down one card and use it in whichever phase of movement I want?

Or if I only choose one card I execute it during the first movement phase and stay still for the second?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose one card, you will execute that in the first movement phase. You will not move in the second movement phase. You would still have the option to fire in one of the two firing phases though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.