Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player reaches the endgame point trigger during the action phase, the rules say to play until "after the last player on the turn order track has taken their action".

The same section says that "if the game ends during the administration phase, the administration phase will be completed."

It's crystal clear that in a 4p game, if player 1 triggers the end game during the action phase, then players 2-4 each get one more turn and then the game ends without administration.

In a 4-player play tonight, player 1 triggered the endgame on points during the action phase of round 4, and player 3 took the last available action so that player 4 could not act. There was some difference of opinion on whether administration phase happens if the very literal reading of until "after the last player on the turn order track has taken their action" can't be completed.

In such a case, does administration happen (because the last player on the turn order track hasn't taken their action yet), or does the game end at the end of the action phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inga K
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The administration phase does not happen. Player 4 has bad luck that he has not a last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Does this answer come from a clearer reading of the German rules, are you associated with Feuerland, or from some other source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I also ran into this situation, and inferred that the administration phase does not happen, since players aren't guaranteed equal number of actions in any round of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my impression as well, but not that of everyone at the table. The most literal reading of the rules just doesn't work for this case, but I can't believe that it wouldn't be explicit in the rules if this relatively common case led to an administration round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Venkatesh
msg tools
I was more arguing for the sake of it really and because it was a curious edge case. I didn't think your interpretation was particularly unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.