Hide
4 Posts

Witches of the Revolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Repair the Cairn ... & No Recruiting Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Makoto Nanaya
msg tools
The "Repair the Cairn ..." objective card reads: "All players may freely reshuffle their coven discards, then draw to a full hand." How does this affect the non-discarded cards in your coven deck? Do you shuffle the discards into your non discarded cards, thus replenishing your deck?

Once the Tyranny track reaches no more recruiting allowed, do you still deal a Recruit to the offer each turn?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Makoto! Thank you for playing, and for the questions.

Repair the Cairn benefit: If you choose to use the benefit, you shuffle your discard pile into your Coven deck, then draw to a full hand. You do not have the option of discarding cards from your hand before activating this benefit. If your hand is already at or above the hand size, you wouldn't get the draw benefit, but would still refresh your Coven deck.

Tyranny/recruiting: A new Recruit card is still revealed every turn. Remember that by overcoming a Liberty event, you'll advance two (or four, in some cases) spaces towards Liberty (and be able to recruit again); in the meantime, recruits are still coming along -- they just see that it's too dangerous where you are, and won't join your cause with that much tyranny in the air. Mechanically, I did this to further incentivize players to get out from under that level of Tyranny [if the opportunity is there].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makoto Nanaya
msg tools
Thank you so much! I really love this game and think it is very underrated. It can be a great game night game with friends (especially if using the harder cards), but it is also a fulfilling 90 minute solo game.

May I ask if there are any plans for an expansion? I imagine it might be difficult to do a full release, but have you considered a print on demand expansion? I'd love to add new content. Either way, I'll be playing for years to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presently, there are no plans for an expansion or sequel (though both are possible if there's enough demand). I'd not considered print-on-demand, and will definitely suggest it the next time I chat with my publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.