Hide
8 Posts

Western Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fighting without a weapon - possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Shumhill
msg tools
There have been some discussions about fighting without poker cards already. However, what about fighting without owing any weapon already? Is that possible? Unfortunately, rules do not comment on that (I checked several times).
If it is meant to be possible, it would be fairly ridiculous IMHO. Just imagine approaching an armed opponent with my bare hands - in case she/he's got any kind of weapon, I probably wouldn't even get close.
However, what about the case if none of both players carries a weapon then. In this case, a fight could make more sense, but still remains weird, especially in the wild west.

As far as I am concerned, I would state that one just cannot fight with at least a basic gun. So basically same situation like having no cards.

What do you think, or did I miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
THIS TOWN
badge
ON THE CORNER
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe everyone starts with at least a revolver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farnan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoolio wrote:
i believe everyone starts with at least a revolver.

Yep, Point 13.a in Setup (page 5) states to add all items listed on the back of the character card. I believe they all say either "1 Revolver" or name a more specific weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How, in WL, would you not have a weapon?

As for fighting without one, in the Wild West, Gunslinger offers a possible answer - you could hope to survive a shot from your opponent and then close in and use fists/wrestling moves. If you can get a strong enough advantage (push your opponent into delays), you might be able to grab their weapon or render them unconscious. Of course, I don't like the odds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocketman77 wrote:
There have been some discussions about fighting without poker cards already. However, what about fighting without owing any weapon already? Is that possible? Unfortunately, rules do not comment on that (I checked several times).
If it is meant to be possible, it would be fairly ridiculous IMHO. Just imagine approaching an armed opponent with my bare hands - in case she/he's got any kind of weapon, I probably wouldn't even get close.
However, what about the case if none of both players carries a weapon then. In this case, a fight could make more sense, but still remains weird, especially in the wild west.

As far as I am concerned, I would state that one just cannot fight with at least a basic gun. So basically same situation like having no cards.

As others have posted, all characters in the game start with a weapon (it's printed on their card), and it's impossible to lose weapons during the game so it's never an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, what Chris and Magnus said... to miss that during setup is a critical miss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
MagWiz wrote:
Rocketman77 wrote:

As others have posted, all characters in the game start with a weapon (it's printed on their card), and it's impossible to lose weapons during the game so it's never an issue.

Perhaps he ran out of ammo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hervé Lemaître
France
flag msg tools
designer
Rocketman77 wrote:

Hi, In the game you always have a weapon, it's impossible to not have one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.