Subject: wedges "inside" - is this nonsense, or am I doing it wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 of the Going Deeper manual talks about what "inside" means with respect to different pieces. It includes a nice image showing a wedge piece sitting inside of a block.

However, my wedges don't work this way - which seems like common sense. You might be able to angle a tiny piece of one corner into other blocks, but otherwise the only pieces that makes sense for the "inside" property are pyramids (which then makes "nesting" unnecessary).

Are people actually using this property in their rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Looney
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yeah, that doesn't work as well as I had hoped it would when I drew that picture. In my defense it works better with the 3-D printed prototypes we were using than with the final production pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I did find a way to get one corner of the wedges (precariously, partially) inside the blocks when standing up. But I suspect that "inside" will be a property we avoid using in most cases.

Also, how cool is it that Andrew Looney replies?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.