J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The snowball is reaching mammoth proportions as it rolls downhill toward indictments or impeachments.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/trump-foundation...

From the article:
Quote:
"Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation -- including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more. This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump's business and political interests," Underwood said in a statement Tuesday.

Barbara Underwood is the NY State AG.

Trump fits that pattern of spoiled rich boys given millions by their parents: the law is to be obeyed only if you can make money out of it, otherwise, fuck it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this will come as a surprise to anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Fake News. The Clinton Foundation killed puppies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Catching a white-collar criminal AFTER we elect him president is what passes for good news these days.

I'm surprised. Not because Trump did thing (that's not surprising at all). I'm surprised that he's experiences any consequences for his crimes whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Daddies not around to bail him out this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
Catching a white-collar criminal AFTER we elect him president is what passes for good news these days.

I'm surprised. Not because Trump did thing (that's not surprising at all). I'm surprised that he's experiences any consequences for his crimes whatsoever.

It's the old 'enough rope to hang himself' dilemma.

He apparently had no idea there would be nearly this much scrutiny once he was actually a public figure, so he wouldn't or couldn't stop his bad behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The settlement aims to negate Trump family members from being able to sit on boards of other charitable NY institutions. Because, you know, that would be like giving the wolf the keys to the hen house.

The instant Trump starts talking about the Clinton Foundation, he should be shown this news article, and laughed at.

Not even saying that Clinton may have not been involved in pay to play, or quid pro quo. But Trump highlighting that is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
I'm surprised that he's experiences any consequences for his crimes whatsoever.

Expect the Kushner Foubdation to startup soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:

He apparently had no idea there would be nearly this much scrutiny once he was actually a public figure, so he wouldn't or couldn't stop his bad behavior.

He probably just figured he could buy his way out of it, as per usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An Island
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

I'm sure Claude Rains would be shocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:

Yea, basically this. He never expected to even win the Presidency. He was using the campaign, to pump up his brand name, in hopes of getting the Tower in Moscow, or Trump TV, or his next money-making endeavor. He never expected, nor wanted, this level of scrutiny. But sadly for him, that is what one gets, when they become a federal employee, and not just any employee, but Employee #1. He withheld his taxes for two simple reasons, I am willing to bet; they demonstrate that he is not as rich as he claims, and they demonstrate an allegiance, and attraction, to Russian (and perhaps other foreign) money, that would raise eyebrows, if revealed. It never helped the situation, when he bullies and insults people (namely the press), which has the power to investigate him. And stupidly, he also brought this upon himself, by doing things that were NOT recommended by adults in the room (firing Comey comes to mind).

But it's going to get worse, before it gets better, and like Nixon, Repubs may not break with him until something happens that clearly, and loudly, demonstrates his corruption. But at that point, they will drop him like a ton of bricks. Then he will be on his own. And as Trump has already demonstrated, he is not too bright, and a bit too think-skinned, for what is surely coming. At minimum, it will be an end to support, as the President, at maximum, it will mean indictments waiting for him, when he leaves office. Indictments that may represent themselves with the prospects of some serious jail time, in his future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:

I think it was more that he thought he could make it go away. It's clear he has little, if any knowledge of civics and the law. He probably honestly thought being President would allow him to ignore this and tell people not to investigate himself. That's what I'll always believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
I'm surprised that he's experiences any consequences for his crimes whatsoever.

Expect the Kushner Foubdation to startup soon

IIRC, further motions are to fine the principals, recover taxes*, and ban the Trumps from being officers in any NY corporation.

*NY state taxes, since it's the NY AG's case--which also makes it ineligible for a Presidential pardon.

Other sources are better at the individual offenses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel like the Trump Foundation corruption and the Russian Collusion (among other crimes) were all plainly obvious before the election even happened. And yet he still won. Incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wickson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGrimReeple wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

Now there's a figure known for his transparency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Snafu wrote:
TheGrimReeple wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

Now there's a figure known for his transparency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
WetRock wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:

I think it was more that he thought he could make it go away. It's clear he has little, if any knowledge of civics and the law. He probably honestly thought being President would allow him to ignore this and tell people not to investigate himself. That's what I'll always believe.

I think you're right, because (from what we know) He's tried exactly that... several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was listening to NPR on this and someone pointed out that this settlement agreement essentially states that neither Trump nor any of his adult children have the necessary moral standing to serve on the board of a little league.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I was listening to NPR on this and someone pointed out that this settlement agreement essentially states that neither Trump nor any of his adult children have the necessary moral standing to serve on the board of a little league.

We all knew that beforehand. Nice to have an official document that codifies it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remember the good old days when people were all "at least Trump didn't steal from a charitable foundation" when it was already clear that A) he did and B) Hillary didn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weirdly enough I couldn't find anything about this on foxnews.com at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just losing the right to sit on foundations is punishment enough. They shouldn't be fined or go to jail like those who are poor or a minority. They've suffered enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trump lawyer isnt lieing when he says they wanted to do this two years ago. That's how you bury evidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Fake News. The Clinton Foundation killed puppies.

Personally I'm waiting for the revelation that Hillary orchestrated the entire Trump campaign and has actually been ruling from behind the curtains the whole time, with everything Trump did merely being a liberal false flag to make good, patriotic Republicans look bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Nutmegistan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
The Trump lawyer isnt lieing when he says they wanted to do this two years ago. That's how you bury evidence.

The Trump Administration in a nutshell: Too lazy to avoid self-incrimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.