Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havde a fun fact about by KeyForge decks. I was thinking that maybe other people also have a fun fact about their KeyForge deck that they would like to share.

My fun fact about my KeyForge deck:
I started playing KeyForge by buying two archon decks so I could try it with my friend (The bace box was sold out). I got a total of 11 rare cards in those two deck, 5 in one and 6 in the other. I have since opened 5 more archon decks that had a total of 10 rare cards, two in each. Kinda fun that I lot more rares in the first two deck in total than in the last five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun Fact about my Keyforge deck:

My first two deck's both have "Beach" in the name.
-- A. X. Yonatos of the Nether Beach
-- "Question" Abrielle, Beach Timelord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Dehertog
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first deck I opened had the four horsemen in them, and I had no idea whatsoever that they were a big deal. The only thing I thought was:

'Huh, four horsemen... Kinda weird to have those guys in a Sanctum deck...'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my first four decks was a horsemen deck that I sold on eBay. I own two decks with Airport in the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the first seven decks I bought, none had Logos and all seven had Shadows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:

I hope you like Shadows Jonathan laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:

Very similar to me.
I've purchased 8 decks. No Logos. 7/8 have Dis (though I traded one for a non-Dis deck... still no Logos). I also have an abundance of Shadows.

The first two I bought were both Shadows/Dis/Brobnar (though very different in actual composition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:

The seven decks I own ALL have brobnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just 3 decks all with brobnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My First 4 packs had every house except Sanctum. My next 3 decks all had Sanctum paired with Brobnar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my four opened decks, three have Logos, each with Mother. Love that seventh card!

I also just pulled a horseman deck with four other rares. Still sealed, not sure if I'm going to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

-- "Question" Abrielle, Beach Timelord

Just have to find an Ocean Dalek deck to duel against!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Vermeir
Belgium
Schoten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 decks and they all have house dis. Mind barb is present in every deck (twice in 3 of the 4 decks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all 15 variations of houses that contain Sanctum. It's my favorite house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dukemeister wrote:
The very first deck I opened had the four horsemen in them, and I had no idea whatsoever that they were a big deal. The only thing I thought was:

This leads me to believe that there are some ties to Dis. I think Dis has corruptive forces in each of the factions, but The Four Horseman seem to me to be the biggest one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- In my first 7 decks I had no Mars. Then in my last 3 (I have 10 total) I had 2 Mars).
- All my 10 decks have a different combination of houses.
- One of my first decks has 3 cards with a different back+deck name than the other cards (but the type of the card is fine). Been 2 weeks, and FFG is taking their bloody time to respond to this problem (deck would be ineligible for competition). Seems to be a serious sorting error (that has occurred more often, or so I've heard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
debiant wrote:
The Dukemeister wrote:

This leads me to believe that there are some ties to Dis. I think Dis has corruptive forces in each of the factions, but The Four Horseman seem to me to be the biggest one.

Fun fact (not about my decks): all Horsemen decks also include Dis, Mars or Shadows. I couldn’t find any Horsemen decks with Brobnar/Logos, Untamed/Logos, or Brobnar/Untamed.

I’m getting pretty heavy Dis (12/18). The only faction even close is Sanctum (9/18) which is where both of my Mavericks landed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
Fun fact (not about my decks): all Horsemen decks also include Dis, Mars or Shadows. I couldn’t find any Horsemen decks with Brobnar/Logos, Untamed/Logos, or Brobnar/Untamed.

The compendium lets you search for things like that. There are 534 decks that have the horsemen along with Brobnar and Logos. Not much different from the 578 that have Brobnar and Dis.

https://keyforge-compendium.com/decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Yep. I’m an idiot who doesn’t understand how to properly work the Keyforge Compendium. Now that I know they exist, I really want one of those Brobnar/Untamed Horsemen decks. Both of mine have stinky Dis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fun fact. I have 6 decks. 4 have sanctum and logos. A 5th has sanctum. Someone can calculate the odds of that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Irrgang
msg tools
sirpoonga wrote:
Someone can calculate the odds of that

That phrase is like the bat-signal to me.

Having two houses the same in four out of six decks is 7% (calculated by simulation). Given four decks with two houses the same in each, having one of those houses appear in another of the two decks is more likely to happen than not (67.35%).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Irgy wrote:
Having two houses the same in four out of six decks is 7% (calculated by simulation). Given four decks with two houses the same in each, having one of those houses appear in another of the two decks is more likely to happen than not (67.35%).

So if that's accurate, then 2/3 of that 7% would fall into the case above. In other words, there is a surprisingly high 4.2% chance that any random 6 decks will all share 2 houses. Randomness and statistics are weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
jdw734 wrote:
In my four opened decks, three have Logos, each with Mother. Love that seventh card!

I gave someone an unopened deck for Christmas that ended up having 4 copies of Mother in it. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I own only two decks and both of the names include "Koch" (German for cook/chef)

The one deck is (too) weak and has three biomatrix backups (you can guess how happy I am to hear about the actual ruling of that card)

The other deck is (too) strong if the combination pulls off (2 nepenthe seeds, library access, phase shift, mind barb) and in that way of playing not much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Babel
msg tools
mbmb
manpru wrote:
I own only two decks and both of the names include "Koch" (German for cook/chef)

The one deck is (too) weak and has three biomatrix backups (you can guess how happy I am to hear about the actual ruling of that card)

The other deck is (too) strong if the combination pulls off (2 nepenthe seeds, library access, phase shift, mind barb) and in that way of playing not much fun.

I was a bit curious so I searched the compendium, I found https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/85ff80cd-d578-485c...

Is this your deck? I was not expecting that name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.