Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dice Throne: Season Two – Battle Chest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two Quick Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If a pair activates a power and you roll four of those symbols, can you activate it twice?

For example: Immortal Bleed II. On <claw> <claw>, inflict Bleed.

I rolled 4 claws, is that 2 Bleed Tokens? (Stack limit is 2 for this token, so it is possible to hand out 2).

We played "inflict 2 Bleed Tokens".

2) There are cards that let you re-roll dice in the dice phase. Can these be applied to any dice roll? Specifically, once you are done with your 3 initial rolls in the Attack Phase and pick a power to activate, some of those powers require more dice rolls to determine the actual effect. Can you use these cards to re-roll these "effect rolls"?

We played "yes". The card wording is limited to the phase, not to part of the phase.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ginn
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. Unless the action specifically says x1 Bleed per <claw><claw>. The actions are very clear in differentiating between actions that occur PER symbol, and actions which are simply triggered with the right number of symbols. In the example you've given, you would only inflict Bleed once, regardless of how many more <claw>s you rolled.

2) I believe this is correct. As long as the card does not specify the "Offensive Roll", I think the re-roll can be applied to any part of the Roll Phase. Keep in mind that timing still comes into play here; once a target has been selected, you are no longer in the Offensive Roll phase and can no longer re-roll those dice to change the Offensive Roll action.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom.

Can you give me an example of this "per <pattern>"? Obviously this was not very clear to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WapCaplet2001 wrote:
1) No. Unless the action specifically says x1 Bleed per <claw><claw>. The actions are very clear in differentiating between actions that occur PER symbol, and actions which are simply triggered with the right number of symbols. In the example you've given, you would only inflict Bleed once, regardless of how many more <claw>s you rolled.

2) I believe this is correct. As long as the card does not specify the "Offensive Roll", I think the re-roll can be applied to any part of the Roll Phase. Keep in mind that timing still comes into play here; once a target has been selected, you are no longer in the Offensive Roll phase and can no longer re-roll those dice to change the Offensive Roll action.


1)The first question is D5 from the FAQ:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1917197/rules-faq

No you cannot activate two different abilities or the same ability twice in one turn. Tom covered this well

2) This one is basically D13 on the FAQ but I'll clean it up to make it cover this better as well. The answer is yes you can use an orange card on any dice roll in the 3 dice rolling phases (ORP, targeting, and defensive).

AGN1964 wrote:
Thanks Tom.

Can you give me an example of this "per <pattern>"? Obviously this was not very clear to me.


Sure thing. I dont have season two (its in the mail though!)... but question D11 from the FAQ elaborates on this topic and may help. If that is not clear let me know and I can elaborate
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
No you cannot activate two different abilities or the same ability twice in one turn.


Brett, thanks for answering, I totally misunderstood this. So if my defensive roll is:
<claw> <claw> <gaze> <gaze>
I have to choose between the two tokens? We were taking them both! That was the reasoning behind us taking two bleed tokens.

There are many cards like this, with a menu of results after you take roll some dice and we got them all wrong.

Thanks again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:

Quote:
No you cannot activate two different abilities or the same ability twice in one turn.


Brett, thanks for answering, I totally misunderstood this. So if my defensive roll is:
<claw> <claw> <gaze> <gaze>
I have to choose between the two tokens? We were taking them both! That was the reasoning behind us taking two bleed tokens.

There are many cards like this, with a menu of results after you take roll some dice and we got them all wrong.

Thanks again!


You can absolutely inflict bleed and gain blood power with that roll.

An "Ability" is the NAMED attack. In this case Immortal Flesh II. Sometimes an upgraded ability will now have two different named abilities on it, usually with similar but different activation requirements... in those cases, you would still have to pick one of the named abilities to activate. Then you would do each of the things listed under that name.

I hope that made it clearer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The key word on your card you posted above is the word "On"... if it says "On" that means you either get it or you don't.. there's no way to get multiples.

If it says "for every" or "per" or has a "x" symbol then you can get that condition multiple times if you meet the dice requirements or whatever.

But "On" means only once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Smith
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:

Quote:
No you cannot activate two different abilities or the same ability twice in one turn.


Brett, thanks for answering, I totally misunderstood this. So if my defensive roll is:
<claw> <claw> <gaze> <gaze>
I have to choose between the two tokens? We were taking them both! That was the reasoning behind us taking two bleed tokens.

There are many cards like this, with a menu of results after you take roll some dice and we got them all wrong.

Thanks again!


To clarify a bit further, in that roll you specified:

<claw> <claw> <gaze> <gaze>


... you would inflict Bleed and gain Blood Power. However, if you rolled four <claw> then you would only inflict one total Bleed. If that line instead said "For every <claw> <claw> inflict Bleed" then two Bleed tokens would be given.

Check out the Tactician's cards for comparison:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4452626/dice-throne-season-t...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually the use a "x" for effects that can be multiplied. I'm not sure if there is "For every" wording used, but if it is, that would seem to imply the same concept of multiplication.

When you see the word "On" it can only happen once, no matter what you roll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You can absolutely inflict bleed and gain blood power with that roll.
An "Ability" is the NAMED attack. In this case Immortal Flesh II.


That's how we played it. Thanks. I was a bit surprised when I was told I could only take one.

Quote:
But "On" means only once.

Okay. Thanks. I missed that in the rulebook.

Quote:
Usually the use a "x" for effects that can be multiplied. I'm not sure if there is "For every" wording used...


The Vampire Lord uses both "x" and "per" to mean the same thing (I think). I have not seen "For every" on her cards, but I have not looked at them all, nor looked at the other characters.

Thanks guys.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.