Ethan Beaumier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
This might seem like a dumb question, but I'm wondering if you get to keep cards you play from the aftermarket, store, or other areas during a tournament. I'm using the set Developmental Issues from set rotation as an example, but I know there are other cards that do this. It makes sense to me that you would keep the card, but that seems really powerful and I also thought I saw a card that specifically told you to keep the cards when others don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you get to keep the cards you play.

When you use one of these abilities, a card goes from the store/aftermarket/etc. to your tableau or your hand. At the end of the tournament, cards in your hand and tableau go back to your binder.

I can’t think of a specific instance where a card tells you to keep it, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Beaumier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response, the card I'm referring to is a promo card from Backer Meets World. The card text states "Top: Instead of playing a card from your hand, you may choose a card in the Aftermarket and play it as though it were in your hand. The card becomes yours permanently."
This card is primarily what confused me, since it specifically told me to keep the card, while no other card or official rule told me to do so. I understand it is worded that way probably due to a backer creating it, but it still confused me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game does not have good templating. Usually you would assume that cards that do the same have the same wording. You cannot use that rule in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.