Aeon's End: Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Can i use a reset pack to run 2 concurrent campaigns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Sherrod
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
There are more than 3 other folks I'd like to play with, so I was wondering if I could run 2 concurrent campaigns if I got the reset pack. I unfortunately didn't get it as an add-on, but this will determine if I look for a way to purchase it. All I see so far is a preorder on boardgamebliss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rsherro3 wrote:
There are more than 3 other folks I'd like to play with, so I was wondering if I could run 2 concurrent campaigns if I got the reset pack. I unfortunately didn't get it as an add-on, but this will determine if I look for a way to purchase it. All I see so far is a preorder on boardgamebliss.

This isn't feasible.

It might technically be doable with a done of bookkeeping, but I'm not confident that I could do it without messing it up, and I'm the one making the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sherrod
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunate for me but it makes sense. I should obviously be able to do a second campaign with the other people, but I am unfortunately moving in May and probably won't have time. Made a modicum of sense to me that it might also work for a concurrent campaign, but oh well - I can see how the use of shared components could get really confusing. Thanks for putting out a reset pack at all, and again thanks for the prompt response! (Gosh I love this game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rsherro3 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunate for me but it makes sense. I should obviously be able to do a second campaign with the other people, but I am unfortunately moving in May and probably won't have time. Made a modicum of sense to me that it might also work for a concurrent campaign, but oh well - I can see how the use of shared components could get really confusing. Thanks for putting out a reset pack at all, and again thanks for the prompt response! (Gosh I love this game)

You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy a 2nd copy of the game and run 2 campaigns that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can piggy-back on this thread ...

I know the game can handle 4 mages. Since I'll be playing solo only (unless you know what freezes over) I'm thinking about running 2 mages at once. Would I need to use the Reset Pack run the campaign again for the other 2 mages?

Or could I perhaps run the campaign twice (each with 2 mages) and *then* use the reset pack and run it twice again?

I'm thinking it's the former, but it'd be nice if it were the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:
If I can piggy-back on this thread ...

I know the game can handle 4 mages. Since I'll be playing solo only (unless you know what freezes over) I'm thinking about running 2 mages at once. Would I need to use the Reset Pack run the campaign again for the other 2 mages?

Or could I perhaps run the campaign twice (each with 2 mages) and *then* use the reset pack and run it twice again?

I'm thinking it's the former, but it'd be nice if it were the latter.

Many things are modified while playing legacy besides the mages. Each reset pack is needed to reset all of those things as well as the mages. Running the same campaign twice without using a reset pack isn't possible because of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll run all 4 mages at once to maximize the experience. I'll guess I'll see when it arrives tomorrow. (Fed Ex said today but it's not going to make it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.