Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john douglass

Reno
Nevada
msg tools
mb
Lance and Alan,
The first time I read the rules, I assumed 'builds (spending RPs) and 'reinforcements' could not be placed in a city without an OLoC(9.6).But then as Russian commander I realized Odessa was cut off and its' defense was too weak! Desperate, I did what all gamers caught with their pants down do, I dashed to the rulebook! This almost never works but this time I found on page 24 that reinforcements can be placed in a city in supply. Odessa is in supply (having NLoC) and I want to play the 'call up militia' card which gives me 12 free 'reinforcements'! Can I place a 'reinforcement' in Odessa or was my initial assumption correct. Thanks John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds correct to me. Odessa is in its home country and, is in supply, it is the only unit you're adding there that turn... Yes, I think that's the list.

The Axis will want to take care of Odessa before it festers into a real problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john douglass

Reno
Nevada
msg tools
mb
Thank you sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just love the way Odessa plays out very close to the way it did historically: holding out for a very long time (unless the Axis make a big effort to take it early/quickly), and even ends up getting evacuated on occasion simply because the Soviets have more need of the troops elsewhere. And yes, you can raise new units in Odessa as long as that cursed NLoC remains operational. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
I just love the way Odessa plays out very close to the way it did historically: holding out for a very long time (unless the Axis make a big effort to take it early/quickly), and even ends up getting evacuated on occasion simply because the Soviets have more need of the troops elsewhere. And yes, you can raise new units in Odessa as long as that cursed NLoC remains operational. :yuk:

is NLOC, no LOC, or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NLOC = Naval Line of Communication
RLOC = Rail Line of Communication
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.