Subject: 'member Ambition cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never enjoyed the new one vs all mode included in Secret Wars (and I am really curious how may of you still use that mode), but the Ambition cards and the ONE scheme focused on them have been really neat concepts. Too bad they seem lost in history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve never used them, and I stuck that scheme in my game-junk drawer. Sorry, Adelin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that scheme is the only time I see the Ambition cards too. Waste of card space to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When my wife and I get to playing through Secret Wars, I look forward to trying it. I a happy that it is there since it adds more direct PvP to the game, which is something some of my friends enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still use them. I mix them into the Villain Deck. When they come up, I do what it says, then draw another card -- that way I don't mess up the built in timer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family actually tried playing with them as intended. My nephew likes it, because he likes being the bad guy and trying to win against the rest of us, but I don't think the rest of us like it much.

For very easy or very hard setups, it really doesn't make a difference on the result. For setups that are challenging, but beatable, it's enough to make them unbeatable, which is a bad thing for the non-mastermind players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy playing the 1 vs many mode. It makes for a nice change in play style from regular Legendary, which at times definitely feels "samey" even though there are essentially an infinite number of unique permutations of cards used at this point in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan folsom
msg tools
My gaming group played "mastermind" mode once - and it was fun! - but the novelty of it wore off pretty quickly. I mostly play solo, and more often than not we role play on game night, so when we play Legendary instead we typically want more of a (semi!) cooperative experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the Sinister Ambitions Scheme, I never use them. As far as Schemes go, it may not be in my top ten favorites, but I think it's pretty cool that there's a Scheme that incorporates the Ambition cards, particularly for solo play.

I've never once played the 1-vs-many Mastermind mode and have no interest in doing so. The Alien Queen mode in Legendary Encounters: Alien is similar, I think, and I didn't care for that.

It feels like X-Men's Horrors are a refinement of the Ambition cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have re-purposed the Ambition cards for solo play. Shuffle them up and each turn draw a Villain Card and then draw an Ambition card.

Adds some interesting variety and difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.