Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering what y'all think specifically about using Scythekick with the campaign.

Do you play multiple automas? I played the first scenario and looked at the second. It seemed it might be a bit clunky trying to use Scythekick (or even automa cards) for multiple automas.

I'm considering starting over and playing three factions with me playing each one--without automas or Scythekick.

I'm very interested in your experience with all this.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapel
United States
AMBERLEY
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I completed the entire RoF campaign using Scythekick. I played with two Automa factions and it was great. I actually lost the eighth scenario to the Automa but won the campaign thanks to completing three rows of checkmarks. Neither Automa completed a row and I think if I go through it again I may house rule something that allows the Automa to better manage the checkmarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the campaign with 4 automata. Scythe kick was great! I really enjoyed it and will be doing it again in the new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still in doubt about the Automa feature in this APP, does actually Scythekick tell you where to place the Automa pieces each round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I soloed the campaign by using the automata system (against 1 automata), it was pretty fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answers, folks. A related question: when I played recently against two automas with Scythekick, they just completely destroyed me in scoring. I felt the entire game that I was lagging way behind as they gobbled up the board, keeping me from the Factory, and scoring stars so fast I could hardly get one or two before the game was over. I was using the Automa (standard) difficulty. I was attempting to act in the most efficient ways I could figure out, so as not to waste turns. But it wasn't even close.

Do you normally beat the Automa level? Any hints on how best to manage them?

In answer to a question I saw here--yes, Scythekick tells you where to move the non-player pieces each turn. It is one of the most helpful features. It also draws cards for each turn, and for each combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Thanks for answers, folks. A related question: when I played recently against two automas with Scythekick, they just completely destroyed me in scoring. I felt the entire game that I was lagging way behind as they gobbled up the board, keeping me from the Factory, and scoring stars so fast I could hardly get one or two before the game was over. I was using the Automa (standard) difficulty. I was attempting to act in the most efficient ways I could figure out, so as not to waste turns. But it wasn't even close.

Do you normally beat the Automa level? Any hints on how best to manage them?

In answer to a question I saw here--yes, Scythekick tells you where to move the non-player pieces each turn. It is one of the most helpful features. It also draws cards for each turn, and for each combat.

There's a learning curve, so I suggest starting at Autometta difficulty and move on to Automa once you get a comfortable win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.