The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Kenny
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
When a card says "Any player" does that refer to yourself ? Like the d6 item for Isaac for example..can you activate it to re roll your own rolls?

When a card says you can destroy an item in play is that including your own?

On the Bum Bo card when you hit say the the second or 3rd ability do you just get that ability or each one before it as well?

Any time a card says to take or gain a treasure card does that mean off the top of the treasure stack or do shop items count as treasures that can be taken?

Thanks pals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Px316xK wrote:
When a card says "Any player" does that refer to yourself ? Like the d6 item for Isaac for example..can you activate it to re roll your own rolls?

Yes, any player includes yourself.

Quote:
When a card says you can destroy an item in play is that including your own?

Presumably yes as long as it doesn't say something like "another player".

Quote:
On the Bum Bo card when you hit say the the second or 3rd ability do you just get that ability or each one before it as well?

You get each one before it. The card says x+, meaning that many counters or more. That condition is still true when you get to the 2nd and 3rd thresholds.

Quote:
Any time a card says to take or gain a treasure card does that mean off the top of the treasure stack or do shop items count as treasures that can be taken?

It's not in the rules but Edmund said you get it from the top of the deck.
Source: https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/106974855420003942...

Quote:
Thanks pals!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Holly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
DarkWolff wrote:

Quote:

It's not in the rules but Edmund said you get it from the top of the deck.
Source: https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/106974855420003942...

Again! See, that's annoying. (The not in the rules part.) I would think you gain a treasure the same way you normally would - the two available, or the top of the deck, your choice. Hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, it is definitely annoying. He is working on expanding the rules on the website. I hope he runs it past someone like a ccg judge to get their input on clarity and gaps. I remember seeing that he had a Magic judge on the playtest team so maybe they could lend a hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Braff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't think this matters so much. I know some of us like the rules to be crystal clear. But if you always do it the same (i.e. top deck, or only from shop, or choice of either) then you don't have to worry because no one has an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.