Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Ham
United States
Kilgore
TEXAS
flag msg tools
mb
It's been about a month but I'm getting there. Building, painting, reading and re-reading and re-re-reading the rulebook. I've done a ton of research about the optimal KT builds out of the starter box. It took me a while to realize (just not paying attention) that the only buildable GSC units out of the box are Neo Hybrids. I get that I can have 4 gunners (2 heavy weapons, 2 special weapons), 1 leader, 1 Icon, then 4 vanilla Neo Hybrids. So, I was getting ready to build:

1 leader (bolt pistol, power pick)
1 neo hybrid (icon, shotgun)
2 Gunner (1 w/mining laser*, 1 w/stubber) *I'm open to arguments for the seismic cannon
2 Gunner (1 w/flamer, 1 w/g-launcher)
4 neo hybrid (2 autogun/2 shotgun) *I've considered more shotguns?

My real question is based on the fact that I see what looks like a cultist knife on the GSC sprue? Long wind-up to the question, I know, but I'm also open to feedback about my list in general.

I'm just curious about the knife since Neophyte Hybrids have no option to wield a cultist knife. I'm new to KT (obviously) but I've already noticed that GW do their best to provide a sandbox for players—very cool but sometimes confusing. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
The cultist knife if just a bit of extra kit to go with the single arm holding shotgun/autogun if you do not want to use the banner. Its got no in game rules for Kill Team and is just there to look cool (mileage on looking cool may vary).

TBH the genestealer cult needs another box to get up to that 100 point starting list but what you have is fairly solid. I also would favor the shotguns as Kill Team is very close range and they let you be slightly more mobile than the autoguns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ham
United States
Kilgore
TEXAS
flag msg tools
mb
Typheron wrote:
The cultist knife if just a bit of extra kit to go with the single arm holding shotgun/autogun if you do not want to use the banner. Its got no in game rules for Kill Team and is just there to look cool (mileage on looking cool may vary).

TBH the genestealer cult needs another box to get up to that 100 point starting list but what you have is fairly solid. I also would favor the shotguns as Kill Team is very close range and they let you be slightly more mobile than the autoguns.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Just wanted confirmation. I actually have some unpainted Genestealers from Space Hulk (4th) that I'm going to paint up to stand in as purebreds for the 100 points.

I have Rogue Trader and Blackstone Fortress as well, so I think I'll have enough to keep me busy until my wallet recovers from my GW splurge
Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.