Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Fubette and I are digging into Gaia Project a bit and having a lot of fun with it. After the first couple of games I generated this tool:

Gaia Project - List of ways to get VP and game record

It is a "during the game" score sheet but also a list of the most common ways to score VP.

For many people, knowing how to win is very important. In Gaia Project, the sheer number of different ways to score points can be overwhelming for new players, and is a key part of the game. Having a list can be helpful, particularly if it is used to note points scored and how during the game.

Note that the column headings on my scoresheet cover the vast majority of the causes for scoring and should cover all cases in most games.

The last column is blank, available for "writing in" one of the other rarer scoring cases, for example, "Gleen Special Ability" or "Level 5 Gaia Research Track".

Please let us know if you find this useful, and also please go back and thumb it if you like it - It takes time to develop these things and to post them, we'd like as many people as possible to benefit from our effort and thumbs call attention to things that work.

Best Regards,

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Leech Power needs at least 8 per round, I'm sure sometimes it is more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Leech Power needs at least 8 per round, I'm sure sometimes it is more than that.

Roger that. I don't have enough play experience to know.

Some ideas:

1. Leeching 1 power is free, so some of them won't get recorded.

2. Our experience is that many of the cells won't get used on a given turn, so any "overflow" from the leech column can be put anywhere... and since it is a subtraction, it will be obvious that it is a leech and not associated with the column heading.

3. It is two score sheets per page, so if it really gets crowded, you can overflow to the other set of columns.

So, far, I like being able to fold the sheet in half lengthwise, it uses up less table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fischer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any playaid out there, which shows and describes all ways to score VP? Would be nice to have this for new players joining.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oedipussy Rex
msg tools
LaFFiniuM wrote:
Is there any playaid out there, which shows and describes all ways to score VP? Would be nice to have this for new players joining.

Thanks

here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fischer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OedipussyRex wrote:
LaFFiniuM wrote:

Thanks

here

very funny devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lars,

Try the above link to my score sheet. It lists all the most common ones. They're only a few others and they are minor exceptions. They can be found in the rule book and in the faction rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fischer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Pierce, but the Scoresheet shows only the topics, in which you can score, but there is no aid how to achive this. That's what I'm searching for - short descriptions in an overview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.