Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McLaughlin
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be playing my first game tonight, and the only thing I was unsure of in the rulebook was regarding pushing.

When you push, are you able to use your weapon's power again, or is that a once per combat deal? If not then I'd imagine you'd need to push multiple times to defeat some enemies, and if they have protection, pushing only once is useless.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Quinlivan
Australia
West Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Weapon power gets “assigned” to an enemy same as with other cards, so can only be used once.

You may need to push multiple times to defeat some enemies, but (my strategy at least) you want to get as many cards bound at the start of combat as possible, as you only bind one extra card each time you push (also good to have cards in your deck that give good attack or allow extra cards to be bound, nice when they’re drawn when you push).

Edit... should also clarify - “just in case” - that each card bound to your weapon is “independent” (unless stated in card text, can’t think of a specific example) ... and any unused cards do carry over from one round of combat to another, until combat ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have only played once so far. My buddy defeated the final combat minions in the first round of combat and then pushed 3 times to be able to defeat the king.

If you go into the final battle with good health and equipment that absorbs some pain damage, multiple pushes are very doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tolentino
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Have only played once so far. My buddy defeated the final combat minions in the first round of combat and then pushed 3 times to be able to defeat the king.

If you go into the final battle with good health and equipment that absorbs some pain damage, multiple pushes are very doable.

Don't forget food (Got into multiple situations where I could have pushed a couple more times due to good helath, but I ran out of food so I couldn't push the battle any more.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistahTee wrote:
philmcd wrote:

Don't forget food (Got into multiple situations where I could have pushed a couple more times due to good helath, but I ran out of food so I couldn't push the battle any more.)

Well food is a pre-requisite for pushing, so I didn't forget it. But yeah, always pays to carry good food stocks and not just think of them as movement. Ambushes from second level onwards make them invaluable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.