Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin O
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the Solo Mission for the Beast Tyrant it states that the rock obstacles can't be jumped or fly over, but can I use Resonant Crystal item 133 to destroy a obstacle? It doesn't say that I can not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
After reading the scenario I would say "no". The goal of the scenario is to keep you and your Bear separate. Interesting scenario.

But I do like your thinking.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya to everything there seems to be a loophole...it feels like cheating but right now that item is worth every penny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That item is not intended to work in this scenario. Rest assured, it is definitely doable without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, sounds like a good thing to ask Alex about and get an official ruling on to add to the FAQ (if indeed the obstacles should be indestructible in the special rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think destroying it would make it more difficult. Trying to remember the exact monsters but them harassing you from the other side I imagine wouldn't be good or potentially catching you while you deal with the final room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
I would think destroying it would make it more difficult. Trying to remember the exact monsters but them harassing you from the other side I imagine wouldn't be good or potentially catching you while you deal with the final room.

Remember that monster focus isn't bound by line of sight, and the doors are synced to always open together. If you move both minis to one half of the room, the monsters in the other half will have to go all the way down to the start of the map, then all the way back up behind you. If you block the door with melee enemy 1, melee enemy 2 will try to go all the way down to the start, then on the next round when you kill enemy 1, enemy 2 will turn around and run back to fill the spot. Gloomhaven AI is really not built for large circular maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robyrt wrote:
Danath wrote:

Remember that monster focus isn't bound by line of sight, and the doors are synced to always open together. If you move both minis to one half of the room, the monsters in the other half will have to go all the way down to the start of the map, then all the way back up behind you. If you block the door with melee enemy 1, melee enemy 2 will try to go all the way down to the start, then on the next round when you kill enemy 1, enemy 2 will turn around and run back to fill the spot. Gloomhaven AI is really not built for large circular maps.

I thought I remember one of the two sides having range attackers... which would then try and pelt you from their side and not run around. Also you'd have to fight your summon from running back to your opening and time opening door correctly.

Also isn't only the summon door synced to open, so in theory you could open the summon side and then the other side wouldn't open... this is all from memory so easy to not be remembering it right.

Why would melee two go back to start without a valid path? Or are you saying that in the final room you'd block the door you went through? In that case, sure you'd send #2 back towards the opening/start but without planning and control over your summon... that's going to be pretty unlikely that there isn't a free spot closer even if Melee 2 can't move through on it's current turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.