Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I played a solo tryout of this to prepare to teach it to other people soon.

I used two factions and the Agenda card drawn was the same for both (Occupations in all the faction districts and 4 burned commercial centres).

When checking victory conditions I was in doubt if both factions won at the same time as the rules state that social victory agendas are mutually exclusive and if two happen at the same time, no faction wins. If two factions have the same victory condition, would this not make it impossible for them to win or does this merely mean that they have to show their agendas in consecutive rounds.

Also, is there a specific order for cop groups to be activated when manoevring? What happens if a group is ordered into a district and that district's cops are also supposed to move? Do they move twice, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. Personally until now, I used to do as I pleased, but that's not very fair. I think there should be a rule that requires this to be applied in higher or lower order of police identity. Maybe determine an order according to the higher or lower Id cops, indicated at the bottom of the cards.
For example, if a group of riot cops has to move to another district that is already occupied by riot cops, then these moves are applied starting with what is written at the bottom of the cards.
And it's the same for vans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallgur wrote:
When checking victory conditions I was in doubt if both factions won at the same time as the rules state that social victory agendas are mutually exclusive and if two happen at the same time, no faction wins. If two factions have the same victory condition, would this not make it impossible for them to win or does this merely mean that they have to show their agendas in consecutive rounds.

Both factions would have met their victory condition, and thus both would reveal their agenda cards simultaneously. With two Social agendas complete, the Social team wins the game.

The question of mutual exclusivity is between Social factions and each of the "win alone" factions. If, e.g., a Nihilist were also playing and 8 shopping centers were burned (and all other victory conditions were met), then all 3 players would reveal their cards, and no one would win. The next round would require the Social factions to upset the Nihilist's win condition, while the Nihilist would try to disrupt at least one of the Social faction's win condition.

Mallgur wrote:
Also, is there a specific order for cop groups to be activated when manoevring? What happens if a group is ordered into a district and that district's cops are also supposed to move? Do they move twice, then?

Riot cops/vans move simultaneously, and each riot cop/van moves at most one district per card, so this portion requires minor bookkeeping. That is, if one group of riot cops is moving into a district with riot cops that will also be moving, be sure to set them aside, so that when the other group advances they won't be swept along. (When it starts to get complicated, I like to put riot cops in the center of their district tile, then move them to the border they'll be crossing into so that I don't miss any districts, double-move cops, etc.)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need further clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.