Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anything in the manual (I may have missed it) or online and don't remember since it's been a while since I played.

Let's say for example I am firing a probe into suborbital flight, so I need to fire 3 Juno's to launch. If I draw for the 1st rocket and it fails, I know the launch will fail, possibly catastrophically. However, do I still draw the other two outcomes since I would have thematically fired all 3 rockets at once as part of the maneuver?

Thanks.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See my answer to a similar question here.

Key points:
(1) If a major failure destroys the spacecraft, stop drawing.
(2) You don't stop drawing because of a minor failure.
(3) You can stop drawing at any time and abort a maneuver (except a forced maneuver).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xemxi wrote:
See my answer to a similar question here.

Key points:
(1) If a major failure destroys the spacecraft, stop drawing.
(2) You don't stop drawing because of a minor failure.
(3) You can stop drawing at any time and abort a maneuver (except a forced maneuver).

Thanks for the quick response.

Quick follow up based n the thread you linked.

You can actually simply buy a rocket and launch it? You don't have to at least attach a probe or something to it? I suppose it makes sense that you're simply testing rockets by launching them, but it doesn't seem to fit the definition of "spacecraft" being just a rocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
You can actually simply buy a rocket and launch it? You don't have to at least attach a probe or something to it? I suppose it makes sense that you're simply testing rockets by launching them, but it doesn't seem to fit the definition of "spacecraft" being just a rocket.

A "spacecraft" has to have at least one component: that component could be a single rocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

Absolutely. Thematically there is more than just a rocket to your spacecraft but nothing that you need to track gamewise after the final component is expended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nocturnal Carnivore

California
msg tools
My friend calls it "expensive fireworks" whenever he fires rockets just to test that they work. Perfectly valid play - though not always the best risk/reward calculation to my mind, if you could get some payload to orbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.