Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Game Complete, Case 5 Errata, Spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryne Sickel
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just finished all 5 cases with my 2 friends. We all absolutely loved this gaming experience. Really one of a kind! But we learned a major lesson, and we learned it the hardest way. MAKE NOTE OF THE ERRATA ON CASE 5,

"On card #518 B, the Further Leads section should lead you to card #532 (not #523)!"

This is a game ending error if you overlook this. We made note of it at the end of one game session and at the start of the next it slipped our minds and we continued into the final case without the knowledge of this misprinted card.

This misprinted card altered the outcome of the entire game. I mean I don't understand how the designers let this slip and print. It's literally the climax of the entire game.

Because of the misprint we had ruled out the location of the murder and made guess that resulted in us failing and reading out the gruesome final deaths of the victims. Right after we read our fate, one of my friends remembered the ERRATA note. Everything clicked and we all immediately felt deflated.

Partly frustrated with ourselves for the ERRATA note slipping our minds (instead our train of thought was consumed with the intricate plot) and partly annoyed with the whole situation. Throughout the entire game there were no mishaps, no errors, everything played smoothly. There is only ONE ERROR and it's literally on the MOST IMPORTANT CARD IN THE GAME! we couldn't have scripted it worse.

But we went back and played the final few moves as we would have knowing the error. We most certainly would have figured out the murder location and won the game. For us it was a mix of emotions. In a few hours after it passes I know we will look back with great memories of the experience we had playing this game. It truly is brilliant. AND we will also NEVER miss an errata notice again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Ammendola
Italy
Vimercate
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately for me the italian edition has not this error. There are other errors, I have sent an email to the italian publisher, but this one is OK.

My suggestion is to insert a disclaimer in the ANTARES website, at the beginning of the case. This, and other issues, could be easly and quicly (partially)repaired
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.