Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing my name on the long list of people looking for the rock hulk mini from the KS.

I know 99.9% of backers will be keeping it but maybe there is someone in that .1% that really hates it and wants it out of their lives

If that's you, shoot me a GM. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, but does he actually do anything in the game, or is it just more eye candy like the monument minis ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Just curious, but does he actually do anything in the game, or is it just more eye candy like the monument minis ?

Eye candy I believe. He would also fill the void in the insert readied for his hulkiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah he was just a 'thanks for helping us fundraise!' trinket with absolutely zero functionality.

While we still believe in thanking the backers with something extra our current stance on exclusives has evolved and we won't be practicing that format in our next campaign. We're learning here! Just grateful the exclusive didn't have any actual gameplay value!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kerwin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
CasualToast wrote:
Yeah he was just a 'thanks for helping us fundraise!' trinket with absolutely zero functionality.

While we still believe in thanking the backers with something extra our current stance on exclusives has evolved and we won't be practicing that format in our next campaign. We're learning here! Just grateful the exclusive didn't have any actual gameplay value!

I bet if you make it available on the Orange Nebula storefront, loads of people will buy it.

+1 Upvote from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

I bet if you make it available on the Orange Nebula storefront, loads of people will buy it.

+1 Upvote from me.

Based on the emails we're getting, putting that figure up on the storefront would likely trigger a dump truck full of cash to crash through the wall. Because we said it'd be exclusive though we're forcing ourselves to hold the line.

Keeping our word on things like this is important to us, even when we would rather have gone a different direction, because it's how people will know they can trust things we say in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

+1 Upvote from me.

Based on the emails we're getting, putting that figure up on the storefront would likely trigger a dump truck full of cash to crash through the wall. Because we said it'd be exclusive though we're forcing ourselves to hold the line.

Keeping our word on things like this is important to us, even when we would rather have gone a different direction, because it's how people will know they can trust things we say in the future.

Salute to your dedication to your customers.

It would be nice but as you said, not necessary. I fine with the game as is. Now, we need some EXPANSIONS.

We are so hard to please...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kerwin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
CasualToast wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

+1 Upvote from me.

Passing on a truckload of cash is certainly a hard decision, especially for any new start up. Though, I bet if you asked the original Kickstarter backers (in a poll perhaps) if they would be okay with allowing the rest of the fans of the game to purchase Tuuk-Tuuk as an add-on, that they would be more than okay with it. They can still say "You had to pay extra for it, and I got it for free." #winning

I mean, at the end of the day, do what you feel is right. Though it is of note that MOST "exclusive" features from previous kickstarters (metal coins, etc) end up as purchasable "add-ons" with a publisher's next KS campaign. Pretty par for the course in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

+1 Upvote from me.

Passing on a truckload of cash is certainly a hard decision, especially for any new start up. Though, I bet if you asked the original Kickstarter backers (in a poll perhaps) if they would be okay with allowing the rest of the fans of the game to purchase Tuuk-Tuuk as an add-on, that they would be more than okay with it. They can still say "You had to pay extra for it, and I got it for free." #winning

I mean, at the end of the day, do what you feel is right. Though it is of note that MOST "exclusive" features from previous kickstarters (metal coins, etc) end up as purchasable "add-ons" with a publisher's next KS campaign. Pretty par for the course in my experience.

I'm not a backer. I desperately want the boulder hulk figure. I'm about to throw some money at ON precisely because they're keeping to their word. I respect that quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Dondzila
msg tools
mbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:

So something extra wouldn't have been the $30 less they had to spend? Putting the figure up on the store as you mentioned would bring in more cash that late-pledges already gave you additional of. I.e. the exclusiveness should be the price not a gaping hole in every other box.

You do realize that every single person who purchases the game, will hate that empty spot and would want to fill it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Dondzila
msg tools
mbmbmb
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

+1 Upvote from me.

I highly doubt most backers would care, opportunity cost, they got it free plus a decent discount on the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CynbelTerreus wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

So something extra wouldn't have been the $30 less they had to spend? Putting the figure up on the store as you mentioned would bring in more cash that late-pledges already gave you additional of. I.e. the exclusiveness should be the price not a gaping hole in every other box.

You do realize that every single person who purchases the game, will hate that empty spot and would want to fill it right?

You're on the same train of thought as we are! In the future that "something extra" will absolutely be offering items for free during the campaign that will be available down the line for a cost. Unfortunately though we are unable to go back in time and un-promise the item as an 'exclusive.' We agree with literally every single thing you're saying. :-)

And trust me, we very much realize that people do not appreciate that empty spot in their box. I have literally spent full days of my life responding to emails on the subject. I completely sympathize with all opinions on this subject - which is why moving forward we will be taking a tactic that we feel is much more fair to everyone involved: items that are free to backers who make a project possible and that are available later at a cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CynbelTerreus wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
pkerwin wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

+1 Upvote from me.

I highly doubt most backers would care, opportunity cost, they got it free plus a decent discount on the game.

I think you're absolutely right about this - if it is presented to backers this way during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a backer and I can honestly tell you that I really would not mind if others could buy it at a reasonable price from ON. I personally do not like exclusives. People feel the need to put those exclusives up on Ebay for a price that would make an extortionist jealous.

I think a poll to the backers asking is a good idea maybe even with a delayed timeline, like Nove of 2019 being offered. Let everyone have their cake and eat it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Leaving an empty space in the insert for an exclusive miniature was an impressive lack of foresight! It is a purely cosmetic thing, but I'm curious how often people with retail box will open that to be greeted with a sense of "missing" pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.