Subject: Need some clarification playing the Automa with Scythekick rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Steverson
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
new user
Hi All - First I'd like to say that this community seems awesome. I've never been much into board games; Scythe is my first purchase and so far I'm loving it! But I do need some clarification with Automa especially the scythekick app>

1)Can the automa have multiple of the same units on their home base? ie. if they have a worker on home base and their gain is a worker, do you also place that on home base?
2)If there are no valid moves, does the automa still gain?
3)Does the scythekick app recognize if there are no valid moves, or will it only tell you to select the next move until you discard?

My questions above mainly stem from this situation I was in:

Playing against nordic automa.
-Riverwalk not enabled.
-1 worker on each of 3 starting territories
-Worker and mech on home base
-Character on encounter space

The next card had a factory/encounter move, which was invalid, the next move was a worker move which was also invalid. The scythekick said both moves were invalid and told me to choose the next move, even though there wasn't one. So I double tapped to discard. The app acknowledged the move along the automa star tracker. However, the automa was supposed to gain another worker, but the board did not show that on the app.

4)Will the scythekick show multiple of the same units on the automa's home base? I was pretty sure the website for the app said it would.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1)Can the automa have multiple of the same units on their home base? ie. if they have a worker on home base and their gain is a worker, do you also place that on home base?

Yes

Quote:
2)If there are no valid moves, does the automa still gain?

Yes. If you are playing Autometta, there is a symbol for Autometta skipping a turn in which case there is no gain and no recruit bonus for you. But even on Autometta, if there are no valid moves the rest of the card is still active.

I don't know the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumping in to give official confirmation: Steven is spot on .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I do not believe the app shows multiples of the same unit on the map, only whether there is or is not a unit of that type. It does track whether there are multiple units, so if there are two on home base and one moves, it will still show a unit on home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
Aaron is correct. The app internally tracks if there are extra workers or mechs on the homebase, so if it later moves one, it will still show another there. For the other territories, it allows only one worker or mech/character as per Automa rules.

For the human player, in general, the Automa doesn't care how many units are in each territory, so you just need to indicate presence of a worker or a mech or character. If the Automa needs to know the unit count, it will be listed in the prompt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.