Hide
2 Posts

Ranger» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Ranger AAR #1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donovan Martin
msg tools
In short, this was a boat insertion to recognize a suspected enemy CP. Once everyone was geared up and ready, we set off for the debark point up the river. Moving through the swamp was so slow, painfully slow. Once we got to the treeline I set up a rally point and set off to link up with a partisan. Once we did that schedule, we made it to our ORP. After setting up, we had to do a FRAGO for the actions at the objective, something was off. After adjusting the plan, we set of to do recon. I had my security teams set before we set out, then as intel suggested, we indeed found a CP. We found an antenna with wires going from the antenna back I to the woods, about 7 guards on the outside. Recon complete, we started heading back to the boats. It was uneventful, but the trek back made us late. We didn't make it back to our LCM on time, we were 15 minutes late. Overall a good patrol, a little late but we were all in on piece.

The next AAR should be more detailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with this AAR. This is what I like about Ranger is that it's realistic to the point that when you are doing it right...nothing happens. The enemy never knew you were there. It's intense because each time you do something it may be your last and it's such a relief to complete a mission without losing anyone. Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.