BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: New Moderation System and Policy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in how people feel about the new moderation system and policy. So I'm going to try to pull a Skutsch and post my first poll ever.

Poll
1. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being worst and 10 being best, how would you rate the new moderation system and policy?
2. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being worst and 10 being best, how would you rate the old moderation system and policy?
      158 answers
Poll created by TheGodsMustBeCrazy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be too moderate, as I was unaware of the previous moderation policy nor any changes to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am from Taiwan.
badge
This is my wife.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one? I mean there must be one, but I've never ran into trouble with a mod. I guess I am a good person in general. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I love it! I haven't been banned all year.
Sounds like a New Year's Resolution...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought I was a good person. My family always tells me I am. I went my whole life without being moderated. Then I got moderated 3 times in the last few months. I feel like my life has been a lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I love it! I haven't been banned all year.
There's still time...

Pete (thinks you'd better get cracking though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be helpful to post the changes or link to where they are stated or discussed. But I have noticed posts being deleted recently - including a pretty harmless meme from me. To make things worse, the deletions seem to target much more often posts that disagree with certain political views.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The best new moderation policy is listed in Section 8, paragraph 12, subsection 31...

Any board member who presents a frivolous poll without providing sufficient link(s) for responding board members to make an informed and knowledgeable vote on the matter at hand may be subject to moderator review and if found guilty of said offense shall be subject to discipline commensurate with the board member’s past moderation history which may be mitigated by their record of prior annual financial contributions to this site, if applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, I kept getting warned and having my posts deleted about some crazy guy who was spouting about these epic games he was making with his workforce of androids or something. He was soliciting artists on here and duping them into thinking they had found work. He's currently on Kickstarter defrauding people there with his fiction.

But apparently I was the threat to the gaming community and needed to be moderated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so getting moved to the Complaints forum...

Pete (waits for it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
It would be helpful to post the changes or link to where they are stated or discussed. But I have noticed posts being deleted recently - including a pretty harmless meme from me. To make things worse, the deletions seem to target much more often posts that disagree with certain political views.

I don't know that it is stated anywhere. But there's been a definite change. Some threads have dozens of deleted posts, where before there was a much smaller number of hidden posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGodsMustBeCrazy wrote:
I don't know that it is stated anywhere. But there's been a definite change. Some threads have dozens of deleted posts, where before there was a much smaller number of hidden posts.
In that case, at least you should make it clear, in your original post, what you are talking about. Even having noticed the change, I hadn't answered the pool because I wasn't sure if that was what you meant. Others may have not noticed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But there's been a definite change. Some threads have dozens of deleted posts, where before there was a much smaller number of hidden posts.
A change in the number of posts affected by the rules does not mean there's been a change in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
This is so getting moved to the Complaints forum...

Pete (waits for it)

I figured I would post it at night so it could play in the sun for a while before it was banished to the basement. That metaphor didn't quite work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Quote:
...which may be mitigated by their record of prior annual financial contributions to this site, if applicable.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoot, when I flagged it Wrong Forum, I assumed you didn't already know there was a better forum for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't necessarily think there's a better forum. I think it might get sent to the cornfield.

Oh, I can't see at all why you were moderated in the past. Must be their problem.

And this is from a Jedi Master of Moderated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I smell some accessories for shoes, here. Pattern indicates either argyle or knee-high.

Wargamer - Check.

Post exodus - Check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You think that post should be moderated? Why? A feeble attempt at humor that references a classic Twilight Zone episode? Seriously, I've read the community rules, which I agree with completely, and I don't think that post violates them. But you may be right, so I'm going to take preemptive action and delete it. It wasn't that funny anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You think that post should be moderated? Why?
That's not what he's saying. You said you posted it at night in the hopes that it would take longer for the mods to move it; he's saying, people who make work for the mods tend to get their wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I appreciate that moderators have been much more proactive in moderating posts targeting women or minorities (mansplaining thread) making BGG much more inviting to such groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The new tools are great - you don't need to lock threads to keep them from being derailed or move them to RSP for being derailed.

I don't see change in the policy itself, the tools are just better and their effect visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...which may be mitigated by their record of prior annual financial contributions to this site, if applicable."

Indulgences have returned.

Time for a reformation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clearclaw wrote:
Quote:
...which may be mitigated by their record of prior annual financial contributions to this site, if applicable.
Sigh.
asobu wrote:
"...which may be mitigated by their record of prior annual financial contributions to this site, if applicable."
Indulgences have returned.

Time for a reformation?
Good grief, people, it was a joke.

The actual text of section 8, paragraph 12, subsection 31 is "will be mitigated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Quote:

Sigh.
Did you know that you were sighing at parody text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [55] |