Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Will the insert support the sleeves add-on? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Holkenborg
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just received Nemesis. Absolute blast, great sundrop, great game! But.. I was very disappointed that the sleeved (mini) cards that were sold as an add-on didn't fit the insert. I have to store those cards separate now.

Therefore, my question is whether or not the Tainted Grail insert will support sleeved cards using the sleeves sold in the Kickstarter?

I do read the Kickstarter comments, but obviously I can't read 'm all. Haven't found an answer to this question yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandro
Germany
flag msg tools
Had the same question in my mind yesterday.
Will post this as a comment and try to keep an eye on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandro
Germany
flag msg tools
Comments so far:
1. They will try but can't confirm currently anything regarding sleeved cards fitting in core box.

2. AR is working on it, but not confirmed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I think that after the small disaster that Nemesis insert (sleeve-wise) was, they will place extra effort to make sure it fits this time.

However, with so many cards and official cards sleeves being 100 microns, too much of an insert would have to be devoted to extra sleeve space - they could actually drop it as well.

Hard to say but this is a risk providing your own sleeves during the campaign - otherwise, you could always say that "some sleeves" fit. when your own don't (especially length-wise), it's really shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not count on sleeves fitting the insert. Marcin has gone on record during a Q and A saying that they would try but that it would be very unlikely due to the amount of cards in the game and the need for sleeved cards to occupy double the space in the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has a lot of cards. If you're sleeving them all, that could double or triple the volume of the game. For expectations, I would say get a separate card storage tray or box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saverio sica
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think that it's very important for this game that it has a store adapting for all cards sleeved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Lång
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They could make it so that the insert is split, one for the minis and one for the cards. Then you could save the minis insert and throw away the card insert if you sleeve everything...... And yes the Nemesis insert needed some cutting and heating to get the sleeved cards to fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted William
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the live-streams, the concern Marcin expressed was about the size of the box that would be needed to fit sleeved cards. Bigger box means more expensive shipping.

So would all 41,900 backers accept to pay higher shipping costs for a box that will fit sleeved cards? Probably not and there's the dilemma.

In the last live-stream he talked about trying to work out something with separate inner liners for the cards, probably along the line of Johan's idea, but did not know if that would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.