Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/justice-ginsburg-undergoes...

Removed two malignant nodules from her left lung. Hopefully she makes it through the rest of Trump's term. Justices ought to be retiring from the supreme court, not staying until they are carried out inside of a hearse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/justice-ginsburg-undergoes...

Removed two malignant nodules from her left lung. Hopefully she makes it through the rest of Trump's term. Justices ought to be retiring from the supreme court, not staying until they are carried out inside of a hearse.

Agreed, but until that’s actual practice let’s hope Ginsburg is there until they carry her out in a hearse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more years. Just hang in there two more years. Then, a mass exodus of sitting justices to get a new batch in with longer expiration dates.

I mean, I absolutely hate the idea of partisan justices, but if the only way to counter it being stacked one way is to balance the stacking... so be it. It feels filthy, but too much one way or the other at this point (with as polarized as our society is) would be catastrophic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine her lasting two more years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

She only have to last one year. As we all know any supreme court vacancies in the last year go to the next president. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

Weekend at Bernie's 4: Bench Warmer.

Whatever it takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Living the Dream!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of her jurisprudence, but I wish her continued health, because she's a human being with family and friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:

She only have to last one year. As we all know any supreme court vacancies in the last year go to the next president. whistle

I could see that backfiring, Supreme Court vacancies were a major reason Trump was elected. I think if you create a situation where the next president gets to choose, it opens the miniscule chance Trump (or Pence) has to win again. Democrats may be better served lobbying for a deal for the best of bad choices rather than gamble their base will deliver in 2020.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible for the country to reign in an out of control supreme court by expanding it. I'm not sure if it can be made smaller except on vacancies tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
madmanw wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:

I could see that backfiring, Supreme Court vacancies were a major reason Trump was elected. I think if you create a situation where the next president gets to choose, it opens the miniscule chance Trump (or Pence) has to win again. Democrats may be better served lobbying for a deal for the best of bad choices rather than gamble their base will deliver in 2020.

Lobbying for a deal? If you seriously think the GOP's lust for power is going to be constrained by any notions of fair play or decency, then you have not been paying any attention for the last two years.

If a vacancy opens up in the last year of Trump's presidency, the GOP will ram it right through, even if they have to do it in a lame duck session. Bet on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Ironically, her fall and broken ribs may have saved her life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.