Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Illegible Manual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect it's not just me, but the examples in the manual are mostly illegible, especially the one that talks about Move 8. Even zooming in the PDF doesn't help - as the quality of the PDF isn't up to scratch. Has anyone reproduced these or given similar examples to show the point being made please? What cards are being played in each case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Quarry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Jonathan,

Which page are you referring to and most importantly which book ? the rule book or the walk-through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I don't recall any examples being illegible. Please let us know what book and page exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walkthrough p8 top right of page. I need to get a magnifying glass fully to read any of the card text on many other examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is described in the text next to the picture (under "Special Cards"), including which cards are played in the examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I’ll revisit that, but I shouldn’t need to dig out the right card to read the manual. They should have added a few pages and made the pictures larger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Wood
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire manual is illegible to me, the font is far too small and doesn’t have enough contrast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Stricklin
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
For a really great primer on how to play, check out Ricky Royal's videos. I found it much more helpful than trying to slog through the tiny-font manuals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.