Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marrow Hunger
When the Murder or Skull Eater settlement events are drawn, this survivor is nominated

Murder
The survivor with the highest XP is the victim. They are dead. The murderer - the survivor with the highest insanity - was caught in the act and is awaiting punishment.

My question is, can the Marrow Hunger survivor be nominated for either the victim or the murderer?

Does the answer change if that same survivor also has either the highest XP or insanity? For example if they are the most insane can they be nominated as the victim and then you find the next highest insanity to be the murderer?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You have to nominate the survivor with Marrow Hunger for Murder, but since there are two roles to nominate and the impairmwent doesn't specify which role, you choose one role to fill.
The leftover role is filled by someone else from the settlement according to it's rules (highest XP for victim, highest insanity for murderer).
So yes, if the Marrow Hunger survivor were to have the highest XP and insanity, you just pick the second highest because the Marrow Hunger survivor cannot be both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
By a strict reading they can be nominated for either, but I think the spirit of Marrow Hunger is that they clearly are going to murder/eat someone so it's your choice, but I'd call it cheese in my group.

I find that KDM loses alot when you start ignoring theme entirely in your choices in favor of what is numerically best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I think theme makes more sense. We played it the worst outcome for us which was the Marrow Hunger was indeed the Murderer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
By a strict reading they can be nominated for either, but I think the spirit of Marrow Hunger is that they clearly are going to murder/eat someone so it's your choice, but I'd call it cheese in my group.

I find that KDM loses alot when you start ignoring theme entirely in your choices in favor of what is numerically best.

Totally agree, min/maxing KD:M makes it boring in the long run. But I will also say I can totally see it working thematically both ways. The Skull Eater killing someone to feast upon them is obvious. But what if another insane survivor realized that the Skull Eater is dangerous and decided to take care of the problem before they get eaten themselves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, also interesting when the guy gets banished for self defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.