Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With today's update I decided to dive into the scenarios to see how often each character was used. Some interesting numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i4nU000aBiuTaWJCvEhV...

Possibly most interesting: Riddler (normal, not Zero Year) and Killer Croc (Regular, not Suicide Squad) are not used at all, unless I missed something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddler and Killer Croc were confirmed during the KS as being alt sculpts and not having any unique gameplay associated with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at this I suppose I should paint Brutes: Chain early since they will be in almost EVERY scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
JotaEse wrote:
Looking at this I suppose I should paint Brutes: Chain early since they will be in almost EVERY scenario.

Brutes/shotgun and Brutes/chains will be the most used goons at the game's release, AFAIK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brutes-Chain 22
Brutes-Firearm 18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 22+ scenarios? That’s amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JotaEse wrote:

Question for painters. When you paint a unit of miniatures (like the chain brutes) do you paint them all exactly the same or do you like to paint them with small differences? Ex. Different colored clothes, skin tones, hair color, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Storm Troopers for IA I did them all the same. With a lot of things I like variety and to switch things up. Example: all of the Transdoshan Hunters from IA I painted each one different. Totally depends. In IA my Imperial Officers all had similar uniforms but different hair and skin tones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Question for painters. When you paint a unit of miniatures (like the chain brutes) do you paint them all exactly the same or do you like to paint them with small differences? Ex. Different colored clothes, skin tones, hair color, etc.

I generally paint units all the same. Or very similar, with small differences such as tatoos, etc.
For the sake of easily distinguishing groups on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, each scenario usually give us 1 or 2 alternate characters for 1st, 2nd and 3rd hero. Cool!. What I don't quite like is that for Batman, Robin and Catwoman, despite their picture they don't say "which" Batman (standard, Miller, Year 100, Zero Year), Robin (Tim or Damian) and Catwoman (standard or Long Halloween) are we playing. I know them with the picture, but my colleagues will not, so I'd appreciate text differentiation too, if possible.
Despite this tiny issue, I'm really happy and excited with the latest info released (update 98 with Rulebook and Scenarios). Thanks Monolith!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
JotaEse wrote:

Depends.
In order to track HP or other individual status, I had painted little differences in Imperial Assault figures to tell them apart.
In my D&D, I painted all the groups similar, just little tone differences to try different aesthetics but is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:
So, each scenario usually give us 1 or 2 alternate characters for 1st, 2nd and 3rd hero. Cool!. What I don't quite like is that for Batman, Robin and Catwoman, despite their picture they don't say "which" Batman (standard, Miller, Year 100, Zero Year), Robin (Tim or Damian) and Catwoman (standard or Long Halloween) are we playing. I know them with the picture, but my colleagues will not, so I'd appreciate text differentiation too, if possible.
Despite this tiny issue, I'm really happy and excited with the latest info released (update 98 with Rulebook and Scenarios). Thanks Monolith!

Open your eyes man. The scenario tells EXACTLY which one to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei123 wrote:
Dharzen wrote:

Open your eyes man. The scenario tells EXACTLY which one to use.

Hmmm, take for instance page 5 of the Scenario booklet, "Deadly Infection":

First hero, you can choose among: Batman, or Batman, or Batman . But there are 4 Batmans in the game. If you don't recognize which is "standard" batman, or Zero Year Batman, or Year 100 Batman or Miller Batman, you can pick the wrong one.

Second hero must be: either Batgirl or Robin (Tim, judging by the picture)
Third hero must be: either Batwoman or Robin (Damian, judging by the picture)
So, you can play this scenario with one of those Batman, teaming with Batgirl and Damian. But it must be Damian (not Tim) if you want to play with Batgirl...

On other scenarios there's a Catwoman. But which one is she? standard or Long Halloween? I'd say they have different stats, so it matters to pick the right one.

I recognize them, but none of the people in my group will (and they will complain)... that's why I'd prefer to have the "surnames" written on the scenario.
Although it's not a big deal if they are not in the end. I will be equally happy with the game with or without the surnames . It was just to point out something that could be, imo, improved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players just have to look at the pictures, they're the same in the scenarios and on the hero dashboards. They look quite easy to differenciate, to me.
YMMV, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a strong point here. Dharzen is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen's suggestion couldn't hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that if you can't match up the picture on the control board with the picture in the scenario guide, you've got some vision problems.

At the same time, anything that makes games easier for people to play is a good thing, so if the text identifying which version of the character can be included, all the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Benn
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Monolith really needs to make an English grammar pass on the final rulebook. I think it still suffers from translation errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.