Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to learn this game. While the rules are easy to read, I never-the-less go slack-jawed when I sit down to try a simple C.2 solo play. As the rules themselves say, "there is too much, let me sum up".

Bridger's instructional video is very helpful. But what has been the big eye-opener is watching through the gazillion-hour long full playthrough solo sequence! It's shockingly well done: easy to follow and able to maintain interest all the way through. Normally, I can stomach about 10 minutes of playthrough videos. Bridger has a great voice and his running commentary sounds much like a good sports announcer, with a little edge of excitement at appropriate times.

There are more-than-a-few rules goofs, which is a little challenging for the rules-impaired like me. Several are caught on camera, some in the comments, and some simply missed. But even with these, my understanding of the game is so much improved.

Personally, I struggle to imagine how hard this must have been to put together, both in terms of time and the ability to track 5 powers simultaneously on camera. Phew!

Thanks again. If anyone else has a gazillion hours of life to burn, I highly recommend the sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please post links to videos you refer to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Yedidia
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are in the videos section:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125977/cataclysm-second-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Yes, it is a very good video playthrough, great job. Ive also geekmailed Bridger on several rules questions which he has discriptively and politely answered and zi thank him for that as well.

Now, just to get him to do these types of videos for more games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on my check from GMT

But seriously folks, thanks for the kind words. These videos I put together are passion projects, so really you should be thanking Scott, Kevin, & co for putting together a game so good I became obsessed with it for half a year

Links for those interested:

Rules Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yi_8KotYE0

Playthrough of full game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclJp2xYoqQ&index=2&list=PLk...

The playthrough does have quite a few gaffs as I was trying to keep it both fast and accurate, which is very challenging!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.