Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I understand you need to be in column to enter a City or Town hex, however can I have my tanks who is already in a town or city after entering it in column be out of column and station there to fire out on enemy units or "must" I always be in column even though I'm not moving anymore?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:
I understand you need to be in column to enter a City or Town hex, however can I have my tanks who is already in a town or city after entering it in column be out of column and station there to fire out on enemy units or "must" I always be in column even though I'm not moving anymore?

Thanks

The WED Exclusive Rules say "A Wheeled or Tracked Unit in a City may not leave Column." (2.9) Same for a Town (2.8).

Probably worth mentioning that in TGD it is allowed. So I guess someone could make the argument for house ruling that. As written though, the answer is no, tanks (aka Tracked) cannot get out of Column in a City or Town hex. Same for Wheeled Units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Ty.

Yes, I'll just play it how the 1.1v rules want us to play it. I wonder why Adam change the rule in the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, actually TGD is the newer rule set. However, there were many other changes between 1.1 and the 2.0 in TGD that are not compatible, so I would actually agree that you should use the RAW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it is interesting that one has to keep in mind there are Series Rules and Exclusive Rules. Terrain rules like this one are often (always?) in the Exclusive Rules and are for the specific game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.