Falco Fox
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I and my friends played now Some temples and we already realize, that we can memorize the left or right entrys of the special room tiles. (Treasure Room and the Compass room have the entry on the left side of this tile, map and Boss Key room on the right side)
With this knowledge we can always use this as advantage, on which side we enter some undiscovered tiles to save time.

This knowledge feels not typical Zelda games, because you always enter a new room without knowing exactly, what's coming.

So here the idea to prevent the forseeing of some entry-direction
How about to make Special room tiles with each special room with the opposite of the entry. (like Compass room with the entry on the left side, now there is a Compassroom with the entry on the <right> side, too)
You randomly draw one of the two each Special tiles, so you can't forsee what will come.

What do you think about this idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falco Fox
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do Have a better Idea, what I'm talking about:

Here are two pictures, so you can see it and understand it perfectly.

The Same goes with the other tree Special Tiles.

only at Set-up a temple, before you create there red (, orange) and yellow tiles, you draw randomly one of these two each special tiles and put them in the right tiles.

What do you think, guys? (: I would love to have a short response.

If the response is good,I'll Upload the files with the opposite entry of each special tiles.

Happy "Chris"mas from Germany ("Frohe Weihnachten!")

PS: I'll test it with my friends in the next TLoZ-CR-game. (:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea! I haven't played enough to have memorized and taken advantage like you have, but this seems like a nice tweak to a game I am enjoying anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falco Fox
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I Now uploaded them! We only need to wait for the approval by the administator. :-)(Who is he by the way, are you this, Bleached-Lizard? :-D :-) )

Can't wait to see them online and to playtest them!

Thank you both, for your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not me. The the BGG admins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falco Fox
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They are online and approved!

Have fun! (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.