Subject: Solo... gone from Barolo to Gas station “wine” rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve steve
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
Ok. Someone help me out.

In solo, before the expanded Tuscans turned up, I was Lord of the vineyards. Now I’m literally bottom shelf, tetra-pak, gas station garbage that you wouldn’t clean your drains with for fear of getting snide remarks from the rats.

Rat #1: “Ugh... what *is* this...”
Rat #2: “I think it’s wine from Steve’s vineyard. Ever since he got Tuscany, he’s struggled to reach standards”
Rat #1: “we’re leaving. I’d rather die than touch that”

Gods sake. I can hear them bitching.

So... help me out. But first this:

1. I refuse to sell a vineyard to raise cash every game. I don’t like programmed actions. Thankfully the Rhine visitors fix that -they’re good at dishing out cash. And I’m glad the special workers also fixed the “have to always train a 4th worker” -because now they’re something worth training.

Ok, go!
FYI: I can get near 27ish. But the stars are NOT right, and the AI is mega stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm still pretty new to the game as well but one thing I did figure out- screw the stars in solo- the automa will ALWAYS get more than you. Pick two and own those... highest point ones, of course. You can't get more than that so once you've got those, forget about them. Also get a residual going as soon as you can- it's a slow but steady influx of cash. If you get the tasting room, you can also give tours but I wouldn't spend the money to build it if you don't get it in set up.

I do love your funny way of posting this- I can just see the rats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Not selling a field for cash is monumentally a bad idea. You don't need 3 fields whatsoever. Loading 1 field with 7 value will usually yield enough, but in some games with particular special workers I will load a 7 and a 5 or 6 and repeatedly harvest both.

Sometimes I'll get out both special workers in year 1 if they match well together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve steve
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Not selling a field for cash is monumentally a bad idea. You don't need 3 fields whatsoever. Loading 1 field with 7 value will usually yield enough, but in some games with particular special workers I will load a 7 and a 5 or 6 and repeatedly harvest both.

Sometimes I'll get out both special workers in year 1 if they match well together.

Like I say - I don’t want to have to do the same moves every game, e.g. sell field.

What scores are people getting solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingsteveape wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Like I say - I don’t want to have to do the same moves every game, e.g. sell field.

What scores are people getting solo?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156455/viticulture-compl...

I'm not playing with special workers yet though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.