BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Game design and 3D printers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Ackerman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'd love to hear anyone's experience with current-gen consumer 3D printers for designing game prototypes.

I've just started playing around with both game design and 3D printing fairly recently, and I'm having a fantastically fun time finding components on Thingiverse or building my own via Tinkercad and printing them for a game idea I'm fleshing out.

Here's a quick look at my current prototype -- it includes 3D printed miniatures for both player characters and enemies, 3D printed tokens and card markers, and large 5.25-inch hex frames for my hex tiles (printed on cardstock) to fit into.

If anyone's curious, I'm using a Monoprice Voxel, which is a re-branded version of a Flashforge printer called the Adventurer 3. It's usually around $399, and it's been mostly easy to use, as always a bit of a learning process, but definitely more plug-and-play than other 3D printers I've tried in the past.

-dan
twitter.com/danackerman
instagram.com/danack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.