Michael Ma
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
So...

How would this work?
What amount of damage is required to create a hero-sized hole? Kinetic vs. Energized/energy weapon?

Or are the walls made of indestructium? At least to people scale weapons? Though a firefight can easily slag a module...I was unable to find the rules on making a breach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
St Andrews
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of that canonically breaches a module is a boarding missile. So I'd be comfortable with the "shipboard weapons only" ruling.

I guess if you want to encourage creativity though, you could say it's successful with a double-6 on a damage roll to break a module? I imagine you'd want to hand-wave some sort of ship-wide field that prevents leaks, unless you want to measure oxygen deprivation - maybe breached module loses life support, and spreads to adjacent modules every phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were an enemy and this was the case, I would have allowed directed demolition charges to make a hole in the wall. Not big enough for someone to go outside, but big enough to depresurize the room.

Otherwise I would say the weapons are constructed to avoid its user to be spaced. The module destruction comes from destroyed internal equipment, not due to breaches in a wall, that is constructed to survive the atmospheric landing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a classic case of having a moderated versus an unmoderated game.

First of all, there are doors on just about every side of every module so you probably don't need a hole in the wall. Having 3 states (functional, broken, slagged) makes the game management easier.

Note that in the game a module can get broken (even slagged) an infinite amount of time and never be destroyed. The hull rating situation takes care of that.

I would encourage the player to go out the door or require a lot of "6" dice to get a hole in the wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff has told me that it is a free action to exit a ship through a wall airlock, so if you have the Spacewalker ability and a jetpack you can zip outside a ship between engines if one of them is to hot to handle and walking around the interior of the ship would take too long.

The upcoming DIRTSIDE sequel/expansion has robust rules for going through buildings and even turning parts of buildings into craters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.