Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to be able to see 'viewed' subscriptions. Now I can't...unless I pay for it either with GeekGold, or real money.

Did something change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been that way for some time, IIRC.

Incidentally, is this a complaint or a question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider it 'both'.

I only noticed it today...about an hour ago, in fact. Up until today, I have been able to see 'viewed' threads.

I wonder if my support contribution from last year ran out just this morning? That's a possibility. I haven't made my donation for this year yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
Consider it 'both'.

I only noticed it today...about an hour ago, in fact. Up until today, I have been able to see 'viewed' threads.

I wonder if my support contribution from last year ran out just this morning? That's a possibility. I haven't made my donation for this year yet.

That's the most likely thing..... support benefits basically run for a year from when you pay (or rather, they add a year to the current end time, I think, so you don't lose out by paying earlier on).

Still time to get your 2018 badge and try for some free stuff in the annual Rummage-O-Rama!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
I used to be able to see 'viewed' subscriptions. Now I can't...unless I pay for it either with GeekGold, or real money.

Did something change?

Where/How do you do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
On the https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions page there is an option to review your already Viewed subscriptions that is available to site supporters ath the $25+ level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Octavian wrote:
On the https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions page there is an option to review your already Viewed subscriptions that is available to site supporters.

Historically, you have to be at "AdBlock Level" to get the history function; either with money or geekgold. Unless that changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
On the https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions page there is an option to review your already Viewed subscriptions that is available to site supporters.

Thanks, never noticed that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Historically, you have to be at "AdBlock Level" to get the history function; either with money or geekgold. Unless that changed.

Yes - thanks - I've clarified my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, been here 10 years and never noticed that was an option. I just used history in Chrome yesterday to see a thread I missed cause I hit next too quickly. Thanks for the revelation!

Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
On the https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions page there is an option to review your already Viewed subscriptions that is available to site supporters at the $25+ level.
I think something changed...

...I believe last year it only took a $15 pledge to see viewed threads and this year it's up to the $25 level. Going by my supporter badges I've given $15 a year for the past several years, but was only recently unable to access viewed subscriptions.

Pete (might be wrong, but thinks that's what happened)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
plezercruz wrote:
Octavian wrote:
On the https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions page there is an option to review your already Viewed subscriptions that is available to site supporters at the $25+ level.

...I believe last year it only took a $15 pledge to see viewed threads and this year it's up to the $25 level. Going by my supporter badges I've given $15 a year for the past several years, but was only recently unable to access viewed subscriptions.

Nope.

It's almost certainly the same carry-over bug that affects AdBlock; if you pay $25 in a 12-month period, you get AdBlock (and history) for a year from the second payment. You exceeded the threshold, even though you paid, say $15, twice, in two separate years.

This is a known issue that has been repeatedly reported, but no one seems to care enough to fix it.

Triggering it resets it, so you can only take advantage once every two years. But, we get enough bonus geekgold now that just paying for AdBlock in the off years is trivial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Nope.

It's almost certainly the same carry-over bug that affects AdBlock; if you pay $25 in a 12-month period, you get AdBlock (and history) for a year from the second payment. You exceeded the threshold, even though you paid, say $15, twice, in two separate years.

This is a known issue that has been repeatedly reported, but no one seems to care enough to fix it.

Triggering it resets it, so you can only take advantage once every two years. But, we get enough bonus geekgold now that just paying for AdBlock in the off years is trivial.
That's pretty funny. I like the ads so I never use adblock, and accordingly never made the connection.

Pete (stands corrected)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.