Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
This is being reprinted by MMP in November 2007. The pre-order price on Thoughthammer is $36.00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I would take that with a grain of salt. Thoughthammer is also listing:

Yanks (Sep 2007)

and a few other titles (eg):

For King and Country
Monty's Gamble: Market Garden

that aren't even on MMPs pre-order page right now. As well as a bunch of pre-order titles with 2007 dates which are not likely to get published in 2007.

Brian Youse has posted on CSW about pre-order updates later this week - so will wait for further confirmations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian Youse was actually kind enough to reply to a geeklist I did recently about MMP games where I had mentioned hoping that a reprint for Fallschirmjaeger would be coming soon. He said...

"We get asked for a reprint of this more than any other Gamers title, now that we've reprinted DAK, so this will probably be put on P# around the same time we put Guderian's Blitzkrieg up for preorder.

We're not thrilled with having a lot of reprints up, but I think this one may have a good chance of hitting its number and getting done. We'd also like to do (eventually) Omaha and probably Drive on Paris."

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/485665#item485665
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I don't deny that Fallschirmjaeger will get reprinted. After all, I recently acquired a copy, whcih usually guarantees a game is about to be reprinted. (Have to learn to wait just a bit longer, but sometimes the price is hard to beat.)

I was just a bit skeptical about the timing....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the additional information. I've heard good things about this one and hope they do get it out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have checked with MMP and the assured me they did not intend to reprint this one anywhere soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Marsh
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a great one to have out as a reprint, I'd buy one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would order one too if it is being reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rankin
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy it as well. I've emailed MMP several times asking about it but they never respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Dean about this a month or two back on CSW, and he replied that it's still a possibility. My impression is that nobody at MMP has thought about it enough to even begin to give a yes or no answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Kreuger
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
I've asked it today too and this was (unfortunately) the answer:

> Dear Sir:
>
> At this time we a reprint is not planned.

> Sincerely,

> Lu Ann Youse
> Office Manager
> Multi-Man Publishing, LLC

Too bad, but keep on pestering them! ;)

Bas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baska wrote:
I've asked it today too and this was (unfortunately) the answer...

Well, I don't think LuAnn would really be the person to ask about reprints until they're officially in the pipeline (i.e. in the P# system or close to it). As I mentioned above, I think that Dean and Brian are definitely considering a reprint of this, but that it's still too far off for it to be officially "in the works".

That's just my take on things from the way I've seen MMP operate in the past, but I certainly don't have an special knowledge here. It's hard for us to know what's in the collective mind of MMP until something actually shows up for preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallschirmjaeger is on my BGG "Wish List" but I refuse to pay the high price that it's commanding on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a variant for FJ coming in the Operations Special Issue. I think there's a good possiblity a reprint will go on P# one of these days... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United Kingdom
Swansea
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MMP's business model seems a bit lacking to me.

Why publish articles on games they no longer sell?

I've read several articles on Fallschrimjaeger and now have the extra counters provided in the operations special issue, but I can't buy the game.

I can buy it second hand but that doesn't help MMP's profits.

By the time a reprint is done my interest may have waned and thus MMP will lose custom.

Come on MMP, the articles you print in operations will drum up interest and make people want to play, and thus buy, the games; your costing yourselves business by not having these games available to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rankin
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emailed MMP about this issue i.e. you're publishing variants with no copies of the game available. Got a quick response stating it will be reprinted in '09 after their current crop in the pipeline is caught up.
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

I've come across several copies over the years from local sources but the $100 I can get for them on Ebay forces me to sell (so I can buy multiple other games I want!) It will be nice to pay $20-$30 for one again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Cooper
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to a lot of games that would come before Fallschirmjaeger that MMP would reprint. The company is currently out of its main ASL modules once again, including Beyond Valor of all things. There is the new publishing success with the Japanese line of games that no doubt will push things back a bit. I cannot belive, having known of MMP for ten years now, that Fallschirmjaeger will be reprinted anytime soon if at all. But MMP often surprises everybody by reprinting something or moving something up the production line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that can influence this is the relative diffcult of reprints. Many of the big ASL names were never produced by MMP (ie Yanks) so they're held up while all the artwork etc is recreated. If an SCS game like this can be reprinted with relatively little effort, it might take up a slot in the reprint schedule while the other games are held up in pre-production.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cameron
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Any update on a reprint? It's now 2010. Oh how the years fly by..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now its 2011, and no further word on a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myk Deans
United States
Rotonda West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Latest word from MMP is that they'll go up for pre-order after WBC. Then we'll see what the real demand is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see this one finally got reprinted. The new edition looks great, MMP really came through with this edition, you can see the care they put into it. The fans input also helped them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.