Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest card 45 *Contains Spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Henretta
United States
California
flag msg tools
The encounter game mechanic perplexes me thoroughly, especially on card number 45.

I do not understand how a card can have both choices be the exact same. It is quite probable that I am missing something major in how these quests are played, but I thought the whole point of having different choices during an encounter was to have the game move in different directions. Since both choices on this card are exactly the same, how should it be played?

Also, the wording of the choice itself is confusing to me & I don't really know what "encounter any wasteland until you locate the cache" even means.

I understand that this card gets staged when a player does a quest action while standing next to "the wreck" & when this card (along with card 101) is staged, card 46, "the cache" is added to the wasteland encounter deck, but since the add mechanic requires the added card to be shuffeled into the top cards of the deck (top 3 cards in a 3 player game, top 4 in a 4 player game, and so on) there is a distinct chance the next wasteland encounter will not revel the cache.
So then what?

Does the player doing the encounter get to choose from the 2 choices after completing the encounter regardless of whether or not the cache was located? Or does that card only resolve when the encounter reveals the cache?

Thank you in advance for reading this & helping me gain understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
#044 says stage #045 and add #046.

#045 gets played face up and #046 is shuffled into the top of the Wasteland deck.

Players may attempt one Wasteland encounter (draw a card from the Wasteland deck) per turn.

When #046 is drawn (yes this may take a few turns before it is drawn), it may resolve to add #047 to the Wasteland deck.

Later when #047 is drawn, it may resolved to allow the player to choose which objective back on #045 is completed.

The objectives are almost identical: they each give the same experience and stage the same cards. But each objective advances a different faction on the faction card. The player can choose which objective to complete and therefore which faction advances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Henretta
United States
California
flag msg tools
I realize that one card is staged & one card is added, and I know the difference between the two actions.

My question is:

Doesn't 45 get resolved and subsequently trashed as soon as any encounter card is drawn, meaning the very next player that encounters any location chooses which faction to advance? Or does 45 remain in play until the cache is drawn & that player chooses a resolution?

The specific wording of "Encounter any 'wasteland location' until you locate the cache" confuses me.

If it is supposed to take place after the next player has an encounter it would be clearer if 45 read: "After the next encounter"

If it is supposed to take place once the cache is drawn it should read: "After the cache is discovered"

Thank you for your help with this matter. I appreciate your advice & understanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
#045 stays in play until #047 is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.