flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pokémon: Let's Howl

Game is scheduled to begin on 6/17.

General Overview

This is a physics game based on the Pokémon Series. You have multiple objectives that you can choose to complete to pursue either individual glory or team victory.

You will each begin your journey at the Team Headquarters for your team. On D1, your inventory will be limited so that you can only take ONE of the available Pokémon that is presented to your team for selection.

You will also be presented with an opportunity to join one of four teams. Each team will comprise of 5 members and no more. I will allow team trades during first day of the game as long as both sides agree to the swap. (This process has taken place during the pre-game)

Each day, you will journey through the Royal Region to find new Pokémon, track down your Rivals and earn glory for your Team.

The game will end once a single individual becomes League Champion. But there are multiple paths to victory besides individual glory. Teams will be judged on total points, pokedex completion and number of gyms under their team control.

This game is VERY experimental and is designed to be a mostly fun experience that hopefully builds a true Pokémon Region within Cassandra.

Example Game Flow
D1
Choose Team
Choose Starting Pokémon
Explore some and catch some Pokémon.

Dusk

Dawn D2 & subsequent days
Learn who your current rival is and their current active Pokémon
Explore
Find & Capture Pokémon
Challenge others to battles (not teammates)
Capture Gyms / Upgrade Gyms
Visit places and interact with environment

Dusk N2 & subsequent days
I resolve all battles for the day and advise you of results

You can choose to play cooperatively or more solo if you want. Individual accomplishments can and do generally help the team score.

Things that are in the game:
Physics
Catching Pokémon
Items
Attacks/Heals
Leveling
Multiple Wincons

Things that are NOT in the game:
Voting
Night Kills
Hidden Teams
An "Evil" team. I did toss around an idea to make Team Rocket an Evil entity but I'd like to see if everything else works as a base level FIRST.

OPTIONAL Aliases

acox89
cvb2009 - Wallace
dejojam1 - Misty
Irina_Phoenix
Littlelambchopx - Brock
ljtrigirl - Jessie
MajaiofDreams - Butch
Mimikyu
Misterdeadpool - Giovanni
Netslummer - Cassidy
ortho_ - Douglas
Ryagic - Ash
Samool - Rainer
SerWave - Spark
shawnd2006
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
theknightofcups - James
The_Rorab
whirlingdervish - Marlon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules & Stuff

Day Cycle/Schedule
I plan this to be a roughly 36/12 hour cycle game.
Dawn will be around 7-8am on Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
Dusk will be 7pm on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday

Movement:
Everybody will start with the same default move pool and it will reset each day. I may adjust the movement amount up or down if I think it needs to be.

There will be ways to potentially upgrade your movement over the course of the game.

Pokémon
You will choose your starter on D1 after you have chosen your starting Team.

On subsequent days, you may attempt to catch Pokémon by finding them in the wild. Some Pokémon will require special items to access their hiding places - but with the exception of the Safari Zone - if you find a Pokémon and have available inventory space - you can catch it.

You may only ever have one primary active Pokémon that you will be battling with. This will be set each day by you via Game Orders. If the Pokémon faints, I will use your next strongest Pokémon as your active Pokémon if needed for additional battles that day.

Leveling Up
You may trade in Pokémon of the same type to upgrade a Pokémon. You will lose access to the Pokémon that you trade in. You may come across evolution stones of every type - you can use these stones to evolve any Pokémon of that type in your possession.

Instead of having Pokémon levels be numerical - they will instead be classified as 5 different classes A, B, C, D, E. Pokémon of the same class will not have any damage modifiers.

Pokémon with a difference of 1 class deviation will have a 25% modifier on attacks.
2 Deviations - 50%
3 Deviations - 75%
4 Deviations - 100%
Minimum 1 damage on any attack that isn't IMMUNE.

Item Backpack
Each backpack will begin with the same starting capacity and you must have space to carry your Team Badge, Your PC Access Card and your Primary Pokémon at all times. The remaining space can be used to carry additional Pokémon or items - however you see fit.

Access Cards
Each player will have an access card that will allow them to "enter" their PC. This will allow you to drop off excess items/Pokémon that you can no longer carry.

The Team Badge will act as access to the Team Headquarters where you may store Pokémon and items communally. It will also grant you access to the private team communications network.

Pokémon Gyms
At the start of the game, each team will control 1 Gym. The other 14 gyms will be neutral with a default Pokémon protecting them. Controlling Gyms will earn the Team points which will count towards win conditions or can be used as in game currency.

Teams will want to defend their gyms by placing a strong Pokémon of the same type as its guardian.

You must end at the Gym Location in order to challenge for the Gym Badge.

Rivals
At the start of each day, you will be told the name of your current Rival. If you challenge and defeat this target, you will earn bonus points.

You may visit the Pokémon League HQ to request a new rival.

In addition to knowing the name of your rival, you will also learn who their current active Pokémon is.

Players with higher point totals are more likely to have multiple people targeting them each day.

Knocking out an opponents Pokémon is worth 1 Point
Knocking out a Gym Leader Pokémon is worth 2 Points
Knocking out your current Rival's Pokémon is worth 3 Points
If you win the battle as the Defending Trainer, you earn one bonus point. If you win the Defending Trainer Battle as the Attacker's Rival - that's 4 Points for you.
Each Day that your Team Successfully Defends a Gym that you control earns the team a point.

Points will serve the dual purpose of contributing towards Win Conditions and as in game currency.

Individual Points may be used to purchase individual items or pooled for team purchases.

Team Points may only be used to purchase team upgrades.

Win Conditions
Various Individual and Team Accomplishments may lead to Victory. Experiment and Have Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pokémon Battles
Each Pokémon will have a type and a level. You can choose to engage any other NON-TEAMMATE in the game in a Pokémon Battle. The type combination and levels will be compared and will result in rewards for you and your team. Your Pokémon will always attack with the most advantageous type available to them based on their typing. The defending Pokémon will counterattack with their most advantageous move. They will continue the battle until one of the two Pokémon faints.

If you intend to battle somebody - you need to enter an Attack Order while you are in the same location as your target. It needs to be bolded in the location chat so that they see the order. Orders to battle are FINAL and can't be taken back and will be processed in the order of the day. You can both continue to move on after presenting the challenge. Battles will be processed at the end of the day.

While it is possible for an individual to participate in more than 1 battle in a day - it is unsportsmanlike for one player to challenge another multiple times in a single day. It is also unsportsmanlike for teammates to gang up on a single individual in the same location on an individual day.

It is OK for a teammate to challenge somebody that originally challenged their teammate however.

Some Examples
RocketA challenges MysticA in Route 1 - OK
RocketB then challenges MysticA in Route 1 - NOT OK

RocketB then challenges MysticA in Route 2 - OK

RocketA challenges MysticA again in Route 2 - NOT OK

MysticA challenges RocketA in Route 1 - OK
RocketB then challenges MysticA in Route 1 - OK

Please let me know if that is not clear.

Hit Points
Each Pokémon will have their own Hit Point value that will be known to their trainer. Pokémon that have participated in battles may be injured. Pokémon can be healed at Pokémon Centers or by using Healing Items. If they are left as the active Pokémon that have participated in battles may be injured while injured, they may be easier to defeat.

Attack Strength
A standard neutral attack will hit for 8 Damage.
x2 advantage attack will hit for 16 Damage
x4 advantage attack will hit for 32 Damage
/2 disadvantage attack will hit for 4 Damage
/4 disadvantage attack will hit for 2 Damage.

Abilities
Pokémon may come with special abilities that can help them in battle. Not all Pokémon will have a special ability. But it is possible for some Normal Type Pokémon to have the Scrappy ability to allow them to hit Ghost Types - as an example.

These abilities may not be purely canonical. For example, a Pokémon with Pure Power will have a 25% buff to their damage output instead of doubling the damage output.

Battle Example 1
Trainer has an active Pokémon of Bulbasaur. The type is Grass/Poison. You have 40 Hit Points.
You attack a Trainer whose active Pokémon is Squirtle. Their type is Water. They have 40 Hit Points as well.
Attacking Pokémon have the natural advantage in this game so they will move first.

Bulbasaur attacks Squirtle for x2 damage - so 16 HP
Squirtle counterattacks for /2 damage - so 4 HP.
Bulbasaur attacks again for 16 HP
Squirtle counterattacks again for /2 damage. 4 more Damage
Bulbasaur attacks one final time and finishes off Squirtle.
Bulbasaur lost 8 HP so it is now at 32 HP

Battle example 2
A separate trainer has an active Pokémon of Charmander. Type of Fire. They have 40 HP.
Original Trainer still has active Bulbasaur that they have not healed. Grass/Poison with 32 HP.

Charmander attacks first for x2 damage - 16 HP.
Bulbasaur counter attacks for normal damage (poison vs fire) - 8 HP.
Charmander attacks for another 16 HP of damage - finishing off Bulbasaur.
Charmander ends with 32 HP.

Because Bulbasaur was injured going into battle, they were easier to defeat.

Other Battle Notes
If your active Pokémon has fainted, your next strongest Pokémon will become your active until you heal. This is necessary in case you participate in multiple trainer battles in a single day. If you run out of active Pokémon, you will be transported to nearest Pokémon center.

You will know the currently active Pokémon type of your current Rival at the start of each day. Other players Pokémon type will not be known to you by default. You may choose to share this info with your team or keep it to yourself depending on your current personal goals. There may be other ways to learn this information as well.

Knocking out an opponents Pokémon is worth 1 Point
Knocking out a Gym Leader Pokémon is worth 2 Points
Knocking out your current Rival's Pokémon is worth 3 Points
If you win the battle as the Defending Trainer, you earn one bonus point. If you win the Defending Trainer Battle as the Attacker's Rival - that's 4 Points for you.
Each Day that your Team Successfully Defends a Gym that you control earns the team a point.

Points will serve the dual purpose of contributing towards Win Conditions and as in game currency.

Individual Points may be used to purchase individual items or pooled for team purchases.

Team Points may only be used to purchase team upgrades.

Type Advantage Chart:

***Example calculations are NOT final at this time. I'm still tweaking how I want it to interact with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Store Info
Eliminated the Store concept - it never really materialized the way I wanted to. I will instead randomly seed some items to the map beginning on D2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Royal Region Map

Each line represents a basic "path" between towns. There will be side areas off these paths for you to hunt for Pokémon - so this represents just the basic overally structure of the map.

The 4 Pokémon Centers are also a Travel Network. If you enter one - you can transport yourself to any of the others for a single move point. You may also enter/exit to Pallet Town.

You will access your "PC" through the Pokémon Centers as well. These will be locations within the physics system - so it will require move points to get in and out of them.

You can also transport yourself from the Pokémon Center to your Team HQ which you can find on the map as well.

You can request to warp back to your Team HQ at the start of any day.

Special Locations
Gyms - If your Team does NOT control the location - you may attempt to battle for a Gym Badge and to control the Gym for your team.

If your team DOES control, you may swap out the defending Pokémon with another of the type of the Gym.

You must end at the Gym Location in order to challenge for the Gym Badge.

Professor Oak - You may use this location to check Pokedex completion standings AND to request a location of a specific species.

Pokemon League HQ - You may use this location to check League Standings and if you've collected 8 unique Gym Badges - you may attempt to challenge the Elite 4 to become Champion and end the game.

DNA Laboratory - You may use this location to revive a fossil in your possession.

Safari Zone - You may use this location to attempt to catch any Pokémon available in the game. You will roll for chance to catch depending on the rarity of the Pokémon that you are attempting to catch - mod will advise %chance when you use the location. *Note - this is the only time rolling is necessary for catching Pokémon. If you have inventory space and find a wild Pokémon, you can capture it.

Other locations may be found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Giovanni (misterdeadpool)
2. Jessie (ljtrigirl)
3. James (theknightofcups)
4. Butch (Majaiofdreams)
5. Cassidy (Netslummer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb

1. The_Rorab
2. Marlon (whirlingdervish)
3. Ash Ketchum (Ryagic)
4. Brock (Littlelambchopx)
5. acox89

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Misty (dejojam1)
2. Mimikyu
3. Wallace (cvb2009)
4. Rainer (Samool)
5. Douglas (ortho_)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb

1. stonecutter129
2. Spark (SerWave)
3. Syntax3rror
4. Shawnad2006
5. Irina_Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
acox89
cvb2009
dejojam1
Irina_Phoenix
Littlelambchopx
ljtrigirl
MajaiofDreams
Mimikyu
Misterdeadpool
Netslummer
ortho_
Ryagic
Samool
SerWave
shawnad2006
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
theknightofcups
The_Rorab
whirlingdervish

20 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2120464

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ME ME ME! IM IN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Let's Go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm So Excited For This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! as long as I can catch all the ghosts again (and a farfetch'd!) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
I have no idea what I'm doing
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
Let's Go!

I just now figured out that this and the game title is a Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reference shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryagic wrote:
cvb2009 wrote:
Let's Go!

I just now figured out that this and the game title is a Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reference shake

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for some pokemonzez!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to catch all 151!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dibs on Trubbish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are things still happening? Should I lurk or sign up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Are things still happening? Should I lurk or sign up?

It’s queued for June. Sign up if you are interested though. I need a rough idea of player count

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
Thanks for the add, Royal.

I'm warning you all once: Stay away from Magikarp. He's mine to kick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the basic outline of the game is complete. I still may tweak some of the things.

But please give it a perusal and let me know if you have any questions and let me know anything that concerns you.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if it seems complicated, try to think of it more like Team Tag.

Your primary objective is to improve your weapons (Pokémon) and hunt down your daily target to defeat them. You can search for targets and communicate as a team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hhhhhhhhhhhhhYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide