Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did a solo of the Battle of Tinchebray. As always with a first try, mistakes were made. I lumped all of the units next to one another, because I didn’t think to leave spaces. They offset rather than have distinct lines. Both sides lost two crowns, then mutually withdrew when neither had an advantage. A few questions that are unresolved:

1. I didn’t see a time limit (or a time track for that matter). Does the battle just go on until one side wins, or was there a time limit?

2A. When multiple units attack, and you have one with the same CC as the defender, and two with lower CCs, is the modifier -1 for the one and another -1 for the other two?

2B. Same as above except only one lower CC unit. Is there still a -1 for the lower CC unit, or is it lost?

3. A unit with a B CC loses a step. On its reverse, it is still a B. Does the unit receive any modifier for having lost a step? (It seems they still function the same, just more fragile.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
1. I didn’t see a time limit (or a time track for that matter). Does the battle just go on until one side wins, or was there a time limit?

There is no time limit.

Quote:
2A. When multiple units attack, and you have one with the same CC as the defender, and two with lower CCs, is the modifier -1 for the one and another -1 for the other two?

You receive -1 for each Participating unit with the same CC as the Primary, and -1 for every two Participating units with lower CCs (rounding up). So, three Participating units for one Primary - one with the same CC as the Primary and two with lower CCs - give you a -2. The defender's CC never matters or factors into any of this.

Quote:
2B. Same as above except only one lower CC unit. Is there still a -1 for the lower CC unit, or is it lost?

You get the -1; per 7.4, you round up.

Quote:
3. A unit with a B CC loses a step. On its reverse, it is still a B. Does the unit receive any modifier for having lost a step? (It seems they still function the same, just more fragile.)

There is no such modifier, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was fast, thanks. Turned out that I did it right. I just was not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.