Hide
4 Posts

Batman: The Animated Series – Gotham City Under Siege» Forums » Rules

Subject: Story board cards confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt jenkins
msg tools
On the main Act cards, there's a text at the bottom of the act set up (NOT the text to the far left the bigger print text more towards the center under the setup). My question is can you do whatever that text says every turn or just when you first start that act? Don't have the game with me now but I think one read "You can add a bat signal point but every time you do draw a mastermind."

My second question is, On the story cards some have a text at the bottom that reads "Draw a card." Do you do that immediately after placing the card or do you draw a card during the NEXT act?

Love the game!!! Hope there's an expansion that adds villains that move and maybe can wound you, a harder dynamic and maybe more heroes (Night wing, Tim Drake, Gray Ghost, Superman?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt!

I'm happy to hear you love the game! Thanks for the support. Richard and I have been working on some stuff to add to the game, including some upgraded Masterminds.

To answer your questions about the game:

The text on the set-up Story Card is for the Act Leader for that round. In your example, the Act Leader can choose whether or not to draw a Mastermind in order to give the team a Bat Signal point.

The Story Cards that include the "Draw another card" is immediate. So, while you're setting up if one of those were to come out, you draw another story card to add to the Act. Typically, the cards that make you draw an additional card are good for the team. So, if your setup says to add 6 Story Cards, and one or more of the cards drawn include that text, you draw another one from the deck. This could leave you with more Act cards available than the set up calls for.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Also, I'd love to hear about how your games are going. Wins v loses...Favorite Hero...Epic Heroic moments...stuff like that.

Thanks again, Matt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Harp
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Michael!
My copy arrived today and I can’t wait to dig in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hearing what you think of it! Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.