David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I've noticed that ever since the release of the France map, my iOS version of the game is a bit buggy. It crashes more frequently, and there's significant lag time (a good 5-10 seconds) in between the last move being made at the end of the game and the points being counted up, which gives the momentary impression that the app has frozen up.

But by far the most irritating bug is in the overlay that you get to see what track pieces are available to lay down. It seems like at least 25% of the time, when trying to close that overlay, it'll freeze in the middle of fading away, and I'l be stuck with a semi-transparent overlay blocking the screen and none of the other elements (train cards, controls at the top of the screen, etc.) responding to my touch. I have to force quit the app and then tell it to resume the game in progress after restarting the app. Extremely annoying when it happens multiple times per game.

Anyone else have this problem? Does it happen in the Desktop version, by any chance?

I figure if anyone found the mechanism of laying down your own track colors to be a bit fiddly in the tabletop version, having the track pieces available only visible in a separate view is going to really bug you in the online version. Especially in games with more players, it ends up becoming a guessing game of where the one piece left is that I'm actually allowed to lay down, because I'm so afraid to bring the game to a screeching halt by using the overlay as a cheat sheet and having it crash.

There's got to be a better way of making this information available without having to switch views - like having numbers from 2-5 visible alongside each color, or highlighting the available places where track can be laid and darkening everything else when you tap and drag a specific color, or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The bugs you mention are known and should get fixed at some stage.
The bug with track piece pop up freezing the game is also known but the specific cause is currently unknown. This will also get fixed.

Also the information about what track pieces are available/unavailable is being tweaked and improved to show this information. I have no idea when this will be released.

It is a shame that the initial beta period is so short and does not start earlier so they can fix the bugs reported before releasing to the public. It happens every year trying to release the update in time for Christmas.

Having said that I really enjoy the France map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the app and played a local game on Germany and at the end of three game the app scored both players as failing to complete ten tickets when we each only had 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
LSUtigers wrote:
I updated the app and played a local game on Germany and at the end of three game the app scored both players as failing to complete ten tickets when we each only had 6.

I’ve seen this bug with online play.

Apparently this bug should only occur if all players are not on the same/updated version. Were all players using the same version of the Ticket to Ride app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. We had just updated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
LSUtigers wrote:
Yep. We had just updated

I suggest you contact days of wonder and report the bug. Let them know as much information as possible I.e. app version, device/platform etc

I have reported this bug in the past but they said it was caused when 1 or more of the players is using a older version of the app. However from what you experienced it seems this is not the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
The iOS version also seems to deal the wrong number of tickets (4 not 8) and the iOS rules are wrong about the number of destinations that need to be kept during the game (its just 1, not 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.