msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Basically the question is about summon focus for these special senarios

Those who have unlocked Two Minis class know that

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There is the default Bear summon that starts the senario

For senario 33 I would like to ask

Does the Bear summon focus at the start of the senario to the door with hit points or doesn't move and attack at all?
Does the Bear have to wait for the other characters to 'kill' the door in order to find focus to the revealed monsters of the other room?

For senario 42 I would like to ask

Are there any rules for summon focus for the chords?
Do the monsters always have early initiave in comparison to the chords?
If yes, then if all monsters are killed do the summons focus to the chords?If yes, then in what order?Probably according to their number token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, obstacles with HP are treated as monsters with initiative 99 by summons. So Mama Bear will attack them, but only if there's nothing else more interesting (i.e. an actual monster to attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just if there's nothing more interesting, but if there's nothing closer. If it's 3 spaces away from an obstacle with hit points and 4 spaces away from a monster, it'll go for the obstacle with hit points.

As far as the question about doors with hit points, I'm not sure, but I think a strict reading of the rules would say that summons do not focus it. So the bear would just stay put until it's opened.

For scenario 42, it's also kind of an open question because the vocal chords are not represented as obstacles with hit points, nor are they actually defined as enemies in the special rules. That said, I think you can infer that they are meant to be enemies because if they weren't you couldn't attack them and thus could never win, and therefore your summons should be able to focus them. They're not given an initiative value, however. Again, I don't know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think if you if you can attack something, then summons will also focus on it. If it's something you can attack that doesn't take turns or do things, then it's treated as having initiative 99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ftl_ftw wrote:
Yeah, I think if you if you can attack something, then summons will also focus on it. If it's something you can attack that doesn't take turns or do things, then it's treated as having initiative 99.

This would be a nice rule to have, and probably a reasonable extrapolation to make, but it's only ever spelled out like this for obstacles with hit points. Doors with hits points (as in Scenario 33) or non-monster-non-obstacle-other-things with hit points (as in Scenario 42) with hit points aren't ever defined for these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played them like they were enemies with initiative 99. But I've pinged Isaac to get an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
aflorin wrote:
I played them like they were enemies with initiative 99. But I've pinged Isaac to get an official ruling.

obstacles with hitpoints have initiative 99, but for doors, nowhere is mention that they have initiative at all, so we played it always as the bear does not focus it, and you had to command him to hit the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard from isaac. Treat them like obstacles with hitpoints (summons can focus on them and have initiative 99)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.