Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dark Stone Hydra as a low threat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bloom
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the weekend we played Brim and when we made it to our Epic Threat, we drew the Goliath with 2 low threats card. When we drew our 2 low threats, we got some Tred Raiders and the Dark Stone Hydra. The problem is that we were playing a 4 hero game and the Hydra doesn't have any special rules when using it as a low threat (like the DS Scorpion or the Guardian). So my question is, is there any errata to the Hydra that I don't know about? We ended up winning the fight with only 1 hero dropping, but I just feel like the Hydra ended up being more powerful than he was supposed to be. We considered only giving him 10 bonus health (it is normally +5 Health per hero) since as a "low threat", technically he should only get up to 10 bonus health. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this issue and what they did?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should treat your Posse size as 2, thus reducing the DS Hydra to a Low Threat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
You should treat your Posse size as 2, thus reducing the DS Hydra to a Low Threat.

What!?

It WAS a low threat, that’s what he’s saying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, it’s weird that the Hydra is like that. I’m impressed you managed to win the fight.

And no, there isn’t any errata that I know of.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DistantOasis wrote:
Philip Jelley wrote:
You should treat your Posse size as 2, thus reducing the DS Hydra to a Low Threat.

What!?

It WAS a low threat, that’s what he’s saying.

The Hydra is a Low, Medium and High Threat as it has 10 Health plus 5 Health per Hero. Therefore if you draw one as a Low Threat it should be 10+5+5 Health as if you had two Heroes rather than 10+5+5+5+5+5+5 Health for six Heroes, which would be treating it as a High Threat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
The Hydra is a Low, Medium and High Threat as it has 10 Health plus 5 Health per Hero. Therefore if you draw one as a Low Threat it should be 10+5+5 Health as if you had two Heroes rather than 10+5+5+5+5+5+5 Health for six Heroes, which would be treating it as a High Threat.

Ah! OK, now I understand what you were saying. Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bloom
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys. Going forward, we will just treat it as the threat level it is drawn as.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls