Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a custom Negotiator card but my English isn't that good. Can someone help me with correct sentence structure etc.

This is what I have so far;" Beeing a veteran in the policesquad he has seen it all. He is a smart but inelegant blue-collar kind of guy who should not be underestimated. With his disarmingly charismatic way of conversating he makes most hostagetakers reconsider the situation again. And if that does not do the trick, he will have something up his sleeve to change things around.
A true wolf in sheep's clothing
."

Would be really nice if some of you could lend me a hand. Ofcourse I will put the final result on Boardgamegeek.
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here’s a try:

“After decades on the force, he’s seen it all. Tough, street-smart and down-to-earth, he’s the kind of guy you want on your side in any situation. He’s got a way with words to make hostage-takers feel like he’s on their side; they usually come around to his way of thinking. And if his silver tongue doesn’t do the trick, he’s got other tactics up his sleeve to win the day for the good guys. A true wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrHenryArmitage wrote:
Here’s a try:

“After decades on the force, he’s seen it all. Tough, street-smart and down-to-earth, he’s the kind of guy you want on your side in any situation. He’s got a way with words to make hostage-takers feel like he’s on their side; they usually come around to his way of thinking. And if his silver tongue doesn’t do the trick, he’s got other tactics up his sleeve to win the day for the good guys. A true wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Martin

Thank you Martin. I should have mentioned my character will be Columbo (you likely know him from the early days of colour television ;-) ). He seems kind of clumsy but thats all some kind of strategy as you might know. I want to have that shown in the cardtext. 'Tough' as you mentioned will probably don't be fitting for him. Also he wasn't really silver tongued but kind of charming while pulling the suspects a legg. So 75% of your tekst will really help, maybe you or someone else can help with the final 25%?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, thanks for that info, it does make a difference! Let’s try again, shall we?

“He’s a grizzled veteran who’s seen it all, yet underneath his street-smart exterior is a gentle soul. Maybe that’s why hostage-takers almost always eventually end up trusting him and believing that he is on their side. But if his charming ways can’t win them over, he’s got a few more tricks up his sleeve to win the day for the good guys. A true wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"And just one last thing... he's a sheep in wolf's clothing"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Martin, indeed very helpfull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Colombo is on: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2123837/custom-negotiator-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.